1 hour ago, Nekudotaim said:

lol?

Dozens of wind turbines in a spot or around all the planets? I can't figure out the need for all these turbines except to test stress the game engine.

By the way you're doing an awesome testing job of putting the game into stress! Keep it up!

Well I never produced one. All the solar (minus the new large one) and all the wind turbines (large and small) I have not built a single one. They are all the ones I have found in my travels. 
I have one large base on Sylvia and smaller bases on each planet. Mainly just to gather gasses. 
I've picked up every single tether on each planet. The only tethers I use are the one I am currently using on one planet at a time just to save on lag.  

On 4/5/2019 at 8:54 AM, The Touch of Grey Gamer said:

20190405063257_1.thumb.jpg.7969688d0c3fcc1645578efa73a9d7a9.jpg

Pods 33 - 39 
I call them "Prickly Pairs" 

Really? "Prickly Pairs"? Is that the best you can do??  😎

21 hours ago, vvhorus said:

Really? "Prickly Pairs"? Is that the best you can do?? 

I actually think I'm up to 9 Prickly Pears! There are a couple that are so very close in color but yeah I think I have 9 PP's now! I have to believe there are 10. I don't know why but I'm hoping there are so I can fill the one platform with PRICKLY PEARS! 

I still can't find the Rebrum so I'm off to Desolo to look for the Black & White Astro Plug! Wish me luck 😘

I'm now up to 71 individual and unique Research Pods collected! 
I researched one of the Prickly Pears.....1:54:00 to unlock! Almost 2 hours to unlock a little more than 6,000 bytes? Maybe a 2 hour unlock should produce more bytes?
Even more exciting is that I have played for just over 45 minutes consecutively without a crash! That has not happened in a couple of weeks now. Good stuff!

Posted (edited)

I found several Orange-Green Cube Gems (orange and green Astro Gems) on Vesania. I have begun to develop my own names for them. Note that I did know that you have found these previously but thought that this thread might be a good place to share the pods that I find. Please notify me if you object.

Screenshot PreviewScreenshot Preview

Also on Vesania, I found a Vivid Orange-Lime Green Bulb Sac (Space Plug with a primary color of vivid orange and a secondary color of lime green).

Screenshot Preview

I think that it is slightly different than those that you have. It could also be the effect of differing lighting.

My friend (not me) found a Dark Green Bubble Sac (dark green Cotton Candy) under a Christmas Tree Gasser (I call the old ones Kettle Gassers but I digress.)

Screenshot PreviewScreenshot Preview

He also found this Pale Purple-Dark Blue Retra Crystal (Astro Starboard Side Gem with a primary color of pale purple and a secondary color of dark blue; Retra means absolutely nothing.).

Screenshot Preview

Edited by CopperyMarrow15

Posted (edited)

On 4/14/2019 at 11:07 PM, The Touch of Grey Gamer said:

#73   All black on the surface of Sylva! This one could be my favorite. 

I would like to see this one. If it looks like the Rebrum but in a dark matte color, I know what you are talking about. That was actually one of the first ones that I found and I automatically assumed that you had found it already.

On 4/13/2019 at 10:44 PM, The Touch of Grey Gamer said:

I'm now up to 72 unique Research Pods collected! 

What does this one look like?

Edited by Wyvyrias
Merged posts

I guess that they are autogenerated from a (relatively few) basic shapes and colours. So it's possible that there's a matrix of every shape and every colour. If so. it just depends on their randomisation algorithm how often each appears. There may be some that haven't been generated yet, but may be in the future....

Posted (edited)

5 hours ago, cameo44 said:

I guess that they are autogenerated from a (relatively few) basic shapes and colours. So it's possible that there's a matrix of every shape and every colour. If so. it just depends on their randomisation algorithm how often each appears. There may be some that haven't been generated yet, but may be in the future....

I hope they produce more and more and more! 

23 hours ago, CopperyMarrow15 said:

What does this one look like?

It was one that I call a portside pod. A different shade of purple/blue(ish) than the other one I already had.
How many do you have?

Edited by Wyvyrias
Merged posts

On 5/4/2019 at 4:50 AM, cameo44 said:

I agree... an awesome way to randomize the pods and give us more greatness to uncover!

On 5/4/2019 at 10:12 AM, The Touch of Grey Gamer said:

How many do you have?

I haven't forgotten about you yet, research pod thread...

I don't collect pods like you do or give them a nice little platform to life the rest of their life on... I just grab 'em, photograph 'em, and chuck 'em somewhere out of my way... (pod abuse, I know) I haven't been keeping up with this thread lately but I've stockpiled many images. I had an idea a while ago to deem this place the official "Exo Dynamics Podhub" so that's what I'm doing now. If I had the capabilities, this would look much better:

If you're viewing this on a phone...just don't; it'll be horrifying.

EXO DYNAMICS PODHUB             

_______________________________________________________________________________________________

SHOW ME YOUR PODS.  EXPOSE YOUR PODS.

ENTRY 0011B

DATA UNCOVERY SUCCESSFUL

5b18a0a2 0e67 4f86 91f8 873900b3abde

TYPE // BLUE TRIANGLE STONE CLUSTER

LOCATION OF DISCOVERY // GLACIO - ICE FLATS

ENTRY 0032B

DATA UNCOVERY SUCCESSFUL

Screenshot Preview

TYPE // YELLOW DISTINCT BUBBLE SAC

LOCATION OF DISCOVERY // VESANIA - PLATE TREE FOREST

ENTRY 0033B

DATA UNCOVERY SUCCESSFUL

Screenshot Preview

TYPE // TOXIC GREEN SPINE POD

LOCATION OF DISCOVERY // ATROX

ENTRY 0018B

DATA UNCOVERY SUCCESSFUL

Screenshot Preview

TYPE // BROWN - YELLOW BULB SAC

LOCATION OF DISCOVERY // CALIDOR

ENTRY 0067B

Screenshot Preview

TYPE // SPIRIUM CRYSTAL CLUSTER

LOCATION OF DISCOVERY // CALIDOR

ENTRY 0078A (BETCHA CAN'T FIND THIS ONE...)

DATA UNCOVERY SUCCESSFUL

Screenshot Preview

TYPE // WHITE - RED SLABNIUM CLUSTER

LOCATION OF DISCOVERY // VESANIA - WRECKED MEDIUM PLATFORM B

ENTRY 0079A

DATA UNCOVERY SUCCESSFUL

Screenshot Preview

TYPE // BLUE DISTINCT BUBBLE SAC

LOCATION OF DISCOVERY // SYLVA - PLAINS - GROWN POPCORAL

ENTRY 0079B-C

DATA UNCOVERY SUCCESSFUL

Screenshot Preview

TYPES // BLUE DISTINCT BUBBLE SAC - BLUE DISTINCT BUBBLE SAC

ENTRY 0031B

Screenshot Preview

TYPE // PINK DISTINCT BUBBLE SAC

ENTRY 0025B

DATA UNCOVERY SUCCESSFUL

Screenshot Preview

TYPE // ORANGE DISTINCT BUBBLE SAC

LOCATION OF DISCOVERY // VESANIA - CHRISTMAS TREE GASSER

I have some more to post (which I will) but I just don't want to lose my progress of typing...which I have twice...so...bye for now!

@CopperyMarrow15 GENIUS! 

I've not found a new one in the last couple hundred hours of play so I've got nutin new to report. However, you have taken this to another level my friend! 
This is awesome! I wish someone at SES would give us a post with all the information about each pod, plant, seeds, research etc. 

Great work with the style, locations, pics it is all just perfect!

hmm, finding and collecting all the research seems like a worthy goal for the end game. it gives far more reason to explore each single cave and surface biome of every planet and is perhaps more engaging that unlocking all the gates and planet cores - which at a point becomes very straight forward.

EXO DYNAMICS PODHUB             

_______________________________________________________________________________________________

CHAT POST

USER: COPPERYMARROW15

On 6/16/2019 at 6:27 AM, The Touch of Grey Gamer said:

@CopperyMarrow15 GENIUS! 

I've not found a new one in the last couple hundred hours of play so I've got nutin new to report. However, you have taken this to another level my friend! 
This is awesome! I wish someone at SES would give us a post with all the information about each pod, plant, seeds, research etc. 

Great work with the style, locations, pics it is all just perfect!

Thank you! I like getting congratulated by the Astro Master....and I like cookies...

On 3/17/2019 at 6:22 AM, The Touch of Grey Gamer said:

Give this man a 🍪

Anyway, do you have any input on any of my pods? Have you found any Slabnium Clusters? I didn't see anything like it in your library and I was wondering if you had one hidden somewhere... I think I found another one...again on the surface of Vesania in a Medium Platform B wreck but I will bring them here to be seen by all soon.

...and now, a few tips from your pod hunter, Coppery.......

1: Grow Popcoral.

2: Look for platform wrecks.

3: Explore each layer of a planet thoroughly.

4: Check under Gassers.

5: Compare pods.

On 6/30/2019 at 2:57 PM, CopperyMarrow15 said:

EXO DYNAMICS PODHUB             

CHAT POST

USER: COPPERYMARROW15

Thank you! I like getting congratulated by the Astro Master....and I like cookies...

Anyway, do you have any input on any of my pods? Have you found any Slabnium Clusters? I didn't see anything like it in your library and I was wondering if you had one hidden somewhere... I think I found another one...again on the surface of Vesania in a Medium Platform B wreck but I will bring them here to be seen by all soon.

...and now, a few tips from your pod hunter, Coppery.......

1: Grow Popcoral.

2: Look for platform wrecks.

3: Explore each layer of a planet thoroughly.

4: Check under Gassers.

5: Compare pods.

Nice work my friend! 
I do have the white/red Slabnium Cluster. 

What I've been up to lately (since there are no more research pods for me to find) finding 24 of each: seed, flower, organic research samples, mineral research samples etc. and put them onto the large storages, the round one, with a light on top. I have 50 of those. Not all full mind you, but I'm working on it. When you create a farm like I did of these items, they look, well pretty cool with the lighting and all. I put the storage's as close together as I can and they look pretty cool. 

I save my Research Pods because I made a museum. I put them onto extra large platform B's and put the marbles mixed in for lighting. I have the yellow/energy thingys where the yellow bar moves at the entrance (60+), it is my neon lighting. I also placed broken research chambers in between the B's because they light up reddish when I place a pod in them, which is ok cool daddy!

I have more than 500 medium storages in my junk yard. I replaced all of my medium storages with the new medium storage silos. 
I have more than 70 generators both broken and working. I don't know why. I just can't not, bring them back to base. I wish there was a module to repair them. 

I have 840+ research pods all packaged up nice and neat! All sitting on medium storage silo's waiting for the TRADE option to be available to us that I see on the roadmap. I will get to 1001! Then stop, maybe.

And after all this I'm thinking of moving my base to Glacio! You see I found this cliff that is just so very high that I will be able to "cut out" sections from the bottom to the top and use inside the mountain ramps to go from one level to another, each compartment will have a terrace and a 'use' ie. smelter in one, a printer in another room and so on. However in order for me to move all my 'stuff' I would have to make more than 100 trips to bring everything? Is it worth it? Eh, I'll probably get bored halfway through and give up so I most likely won't move however that would be one cool lookin base bra.

Speaking of bases. I found one, just one of those really large bases that are in the tutorial! That's awesome. I think it was on Desolo.

Vesania is too pretentious 

I suppose I'm just an Astroneer hoarder. I'm sure that there are hoarders that are hoarding more than I am. I'd like to think I'm king of the hoarding hill but I doubt it. 
I did not construct a single; battery, wind generator, generator, solar panel etc. I found them all and brought them back to base. I'm guessing I've got more than 200. Maybe 250? 300? Should I count them?

I built a wall and put the round platforms on the wall. I put a light on the top and filled each one with one type of gas. At night, with the lights on, man that look good to me!

I've got a couple hundred dynomites and at one time I was thinking of making big booms, and I did it a couple of times, then never went back to doing it. Like fireworks I suppose. After just a couple of uses, eh, it just don't flip my bird any longer. 

I've only found maybe 12 or 15 marbles. I'm not looking for them however whenever I find one I bring it back to base.
I found a winch never constructed one, never used one either, no need, waste
I only use the large shuttle. The other ones I have just sit there on their own little launchpads never to be used again
Tractor? Seriously? No

I use the Astroneer visor now! With my ORANGE pajama suit! Yes I still only use the ORANGE pajama suit. It is by far the best one! The best Jerry! The best!

In protest I will never construct the beach ball or the net. And, and, when I'm playing multiplayer and I join a game that is foolish enough to be playing soccer; I'm going to steal the ball, move the goals, dig holes, build mountains and do other obnoxious things. I just feel the need, the need to impede! I am "The menace of the pitch!"  

I cut trees down. A lot. With the inhibitor mod. I don't know why I just hate trees in this game. I can always tell where I've been as there are no trees to be seen. Should I go over there? I don't know do ya see any trees? No? Then I probably already been there!

I never could purchase one of those wicked cool Astroneer research boxes they had at one of the trade shows. Bummer.