KEVIN H

Vehicle Tether Deployment

Much like road crews will deploy cones from a moving vehicle, it would be great if we could do the same with tethers.   If youre exploring a planet with a partner, having one person driving a vehicle, give them the ability to deploy tethers while in motion.  This would give people more space in their pack and would allow them to be more efficient during exploration and allow them to harvest more.  The other thing it would do is give someone exploring in a vehicle a way to mark their route of travel and prevent them from getting lost.

I confess I do like this idea. Some kind of T2-sized thinger you can stick on the back of your rover, load up with 2-4 tether bundles, and drive. As you said, it doesn't have to be anything spectacularly fancy like autodeploying tethers at regular intervals. Merely allowing me to deploy tethers behind my vehicle by activating the device (C/V) is plenty.

10 hours ago, Bomoo said:

I confess I do like this idea. Some kind of T2-sized thinger you can stick on the back of your rover, load up with 2-4 tether bundles, and drive. As you said, it doesn't have to be anything spectacularly fancy like autodeploying tethers at regular intervals. Merely allowing me to deploy tethers behind my vehicle by activating the device (C/V) is plenty.

Might as well use the dedicated tether keybind(default T on pc). Then the device would function in any slot

Edited by Hermann

+1

This is a great way to take some of the tediousness out of the game.

Right now having to get out of your vehicle and place tethers is just time consuming. It does not add any fun to the game, it does not add any reward to the game, it adds no additional difficulty or challenge, and it does not force players into unique gameplay scenarios.

It just adds time to exploration/resource gathering. 

Maybe to do this solo you need a piece of equipment, but if you are playing MP the additional player can ‘hand’ place them?