SES_joe

Patch 1.0.7 - February 21, 2019

20 hours ago, SES_joe said:

UPDATE: 2/21/2019

Fixes for the backend service that would have unlocked all customization unlocks have overwhelmed our services and caused performance drops while the game continues to try and connect. We have implemented a fix and hope to have a hotfix out ASAP. 

Yes update starts 5 min ago. I think it have something to do with the backend service. But I think this doesn’t help me with the crashing problem. My new 2 days old save game have the same problem again after a bigger progress. 

1.0.8.0 made thing even worst , average of 5 fps sliding down to the core of sylva , again i wonder if someone at system era really try these update on a xbox , i call this kittykat poop

Problems of the network game remained in place:

1) the road train for the client collapses when removed from it
2) the client cannot remove the terrain that the server player has actually dug
3) as the number of bases grows, fps drops and begins to twitch strongly

Looking forward to the hope of the following patches.

20190222110854_1.jpg

1 hour ago, Thomas Denton said:

You can right trigger to pick it up then use the quickstep button it works

I'm not interested in kludgey multi-step workarounds for something that was quick and intuitive to begin with.

One thing this game had going for it, was its unique and hands-on UI, coupled with various ways to get and do things. One very nice thing was the hover+quickstow ability, which shaves off tons of remedial time-wasting click this, click that, do something.

I can always shift-click-quickstow, which is still a slower option. Added issue if you happen to miss (since the camera is fiddly at times), you waste time pointing at the ground, or in the case of a furnace, you end up picking the whole damned furnace up and scattering your items, and wasting more time putting that back together and getting on with your life when all that we USED to be able to do was 'hover+f' and quickly nab up items ready.

But no.

Useful feature removed for no damned good reason from what I can tell. Far more people complaining about the loss of it on Steam, than I saw anyone actually complain (that count being zero) that the feature was a hindrance and needed to be flat out removed.

Kind of like this "everyone who hated storms" which caused them to remove all of that great content. Whats next? Everyone hates the backpack... so they will remove it and just go with some flat pop up UI with inventory boxes you drag n drop icons around in =p

Edited by Frigidman

everyone hate oxygen , no more tether , no more lag ? i agree with you i play on xbox and with a controller the quick stow being remove is a mess , a tether started rolling of by itself and what a mess is it to try to catch it now , i took 18  minutes to come back to surface of sylva from the core , average of 3 to 5 fps i guess

20 hours ago, Xiarno said:

Please.

PLEASE

PLEASE DON'T FIX THE SCRAP GLITCH !

It is FAR too useful. And it not like you are gonna do it accidently. If you don't want to do it, fine, don't do it. But for people that want to do it, PLEASE keep it in !

But as a developer, allowing an unstable element to exist in a program which was not meant to be there is dangerous and could make diagnosing any bugs harder.

How would they know they are not investigating a bug that was somehow caused by use of the scrap glitch (which would not have otherwise existed if they fix the glitch)

I get you can choose to use it, but if you get bugs later in game that you report, after using the glitch, how will the developers know?

I personally was very disappointed in the loss of the quick take (y on xbox) items feature. I feel maybe it could've been dealt with better by giving players an option to use it? Yep, sometimes it was a pain and didn't work right but it was mighty handy alot of the time. Also could there please be a way to up the sensitivity of the cursor when in backpack as takes forever to move the items from backpack to storage or smelter etc.

This is all from xbox

11 minutes ago, Seeker15438 said:

I personally was very disappointed in the loss of the quick take (y on xbox) items feature. I feel maybe it could've been dealt with better by giving players an option to use it? Yep, sometimes it was a pain and didn't work right but it was mighty handy alot of the time. Also could there please be a way to up the sensitivity of the cursor when in backpack as takes forever to move the items from backpack to storage or smelter etc.

This is all from xbox

I agree! 

Highlight quick-stow was great for Xbox! 

Edited by Blind Io

It's crashing a bunch now. Just about every save, and a few just walking around. 1.0.8 is performing worse than 1.0.7. Old Xbox. 

7 minutes ago, Blind Io said:

It's crashing a bunch now. Just about every save, and a few just walking around. 1.0.8 is performing worse than 1.0.7. Old Xbox. 

so its doing it to u try and save then crashed ?

Hello, I found a bug. When I complete the core of Sylva I don't get the suit of terrain. And the achievement on Microsoft are bug, because i go to Vesania and i don't get the achievement of "

towards  the forest ".

I went to check into my saved single-player game (three built bases on Sylva-Desolo-Novus) - with a new patch, FPS dropped to 10-15 (it was about 25-30 in 1.0.5). Play completely uncomfortable - wait for the next patch.

22 minutes ago, Mirosya said:

I went to check into my saved single-player game (three built bases on Sylva-Desolo-Novus) - with a new patch, FPS dropped to 10-15 (it was about 25-30 in 1.0.5). Play completely uncomfortable - wait for the next patch.

I bought this game in January on Xbox1x. Since then, I have not seen any progress in terms of performance, or even worse. Many people reported this during early access. Yes, it's true a lot of errors are being corrected only, not performance. This game should not have such a drop of frames. I think that every Xbox user knows about it. I'm starting to give up ...

12 minutes ago, Sebuha said:

I bought this game in January on Xbox1x. 

I bought the game two years ago - right after launching the pre-alpha. I haven't given up yet :)

10 minutes ago, Mirosya said:

I bought the game two years ago - right after launching the pre-alpha. I haven't given up yet :)

Haha! I envy the will to fight! I'm sorry for my English but I'm from other regions😁

On 2/21/2019 at 9:39 PM, Kalli said:

A small shuttle and solid rocket thrusters can be constructed on any planet.  How are you stuck on Desolo?

The issue isn't transportation, but rather getting all 7 triglyphs and getting the galactic suit. I live on desolo to have access to working gateways, and not be forced to rocket everywhere.

On 2/23/2019 at 7:24 AM, ÐαηκɵƼʘ said:

Maybe wrong but it still looks like your camera speed is slow, yes its smooth but that's not the issue, I have wayyy more stuff built and it gets slower and slower. Watch Z1 gaming on YouTube and watch how fast he spins his camera around and tell me that's not slow