It would be a 1-space item, made with a nanocarbon alloy, or a new item (who knows) and it would generate from nothing 0.2 energy bar per second, a low rate but infinite energy.
I think it's a good item and it would be very good for the endgame, you could put one of these and a portable oxygenator and make a very nice oxygen and energy supply.
Because of the rate it wouldn't be that OP, because the oxygenator uses more so you couldn't have a permanent oxygen supply.

nope. For infinite oxygen you only need 0.135 power per second. That's too op. Also that recipe is waaaaay too easy for a portable rtg.

On 2/21/2019 at 7:10 AM, Cosk said:

0.2 energy bar per second, a low rate but infinite energy.

Are those Backpack energy bars? if yes, that would equate to a power flow of 0.2. As incidentally thats the direct correspondence to power flow. When reading power from the splitter, the number you get is in backpack bars per second.

Maybe you already knew. (Its not exactly official information, i dont think?)

45 minutes ago, redstonerti said:

nope. For infinite oxygen you only need 0.135 power per second. That's too op. Also that recipe is waaaaay too easy for a portable rtg.

So you are saying a power flow of 0.2 from a portable RTG would be to much? idk seems like ballpark for sensible numbers to me, if it were to exist.  I would say lower limit 0.15, upper, 0.25.

6 minutes ago, redstonerti said:

The recipe is way too easy.

How would you imagine the recipe? Especially considering backpack printer constraints.

Edited by Hermann

Well, i think that an RTG tier 2 with enough power to power a portable oxygenator that would use 1 slot would be extremely expensive. When i say extremely expensive, i mean 100,000 bytes, 5 double compacted nanocrbon alloy, because just heaps of nanocarbon alloy wouldn't make sense because it would be tiny, 4 compacted silicone, 10 compacted graphene and 1 triple compacted titanium alloy. I am saying "compacted" because the endgame resources aren't hard enough to get and to make it harder, a "compacted" version could mean that it would go into a machine that would "compact" them by compressing two of the previous compact into one. Forexample a "double comoacted" compound would require two "compacted" compunds which would require two compound stacks each. Orthere could be rarer resources added. 

Edited by redstonerti

I don't know how much is 0.2 backpack energy bar per second is, but i say that the portable rtg would generate less energy that the oxygenator uses, so it would be longer oxygen supply but NOT infinite.

7 hours ago, Cosk said:

I don't know how much is 0.2 backpack energy bar per second is, but i say that the portable rtg would generate less energy that the oxygenator uses, so it would be longer oxygen supply but NOT infinite.

The small solar and small wind turbine generate 0.5A, so having either of those running, together with your backpack's 1A trickle charge, is more than enough to keep a PO running permanently. However, you don't need to run it permanently. I find it's much more effective being run to refill your small air tank and backpack air tank, then switched off to let your small wind/small solar refill your backpack battery and small battery.

On 2/25/2019 at 8:39 AM, Bomoo said:

your backpack's 1A trickle charge

What is this trickle charge you speak of?

This was only present prior to the excavation update back in 2017 as far as i know. Also, 1A is quite a bit more than a trickle, i would say :)

1 hour ago, Hermann said:

What is this trickle charge you speak of?

This was only present prior to the excavation update back in 2017 as far as i know. Also, 1A is quite a bit more than a trickle, i would say :)

Oh did they? I might be confusing it with the power generation from the small solar/wind in my active slots.

On 2/24/2019 at 5:40 PM, Cosk said:

I agree.

0.1 power; the Portable Oxygenator is about 0.2. You would still need another power source.

On 2/23/2019 at 5:23 PM, Hermann said:
On 2/23/2019 at 5:14 PM, redstonerti said:

The recipe is way too easy.

How would you imagine the recipe? Especially considering backpack printer constraints.

Realistically, any sort of Radioisotope Thermoelectric Generator would need a radioisotope to generate the thermoelectricity. That is the whole point. It would not need to be made of something hard like Nanocarbon Alloy. Anyway, I think that the Portable RTG be made of one of the following if not made with a radioisotope.

Lonsdaleite: found in meteorite deposits (not in the game yet) along with Carbon, Graphite, and Iron

Boron Nitride: synthesized in Chemistry Lab with 2 Boron (not in the game yet) and 1 Nitrogen

Graphene Alloy: already in game files