Hanbri9

Delete all tethers option (increase game performance), and regenerate planets (to shrink save file)

Good morning! I play in the Xbox one x and I have 50/54 achievements. 

After playing this game for 60 or so hours, I think there should be an option o delete all tethers in the universe/planet. Doing so would reduce the number of entities the game has to keep updated and would reduce overall lag. Yes it would be annoying to have to replace a few tether lines on Sylvia to the closest portal; however I can’t even count how many tethers I have in areas I will never visit again and picking them up is not a good option. 

I think another great optimization would be to have the option to renegerate a planet/universe. Doing so would would shrink the game file because a lot of areas we may have dug down to we will never visit again OR have found better methods for gathering resources. This would also help on the lag issue because the game doesn’t need to calculate all the holes and paths we have dug in order to get down to the planet engine unsuccessfully. 

For a player like me, I have everything unlocked on Sylvia, it would be really nice if I could just fill in all the holes and undo all the tethers I have on the planet causing lag on my system (due to having a large save file). 

Any my thoughts of something like this could get implemented?

Brian

Ohh I also forgot, it would be amazing if I could put all my useless platforms and large buildings into the shredder if I don’t need them anymore. Aka an extra large shredder. I would be more then happy to repackage them to get rid of them. I have 20 or so large type A platforms and three extra research buildings and a few useless vehicles I would love to get rid of. 

Even if the scrap value for these large platforms and large buildings were like 1/2 a scrap I would be very happy!!! I just want to get rid of them. 

Doing so would reduce the number of entities the game has to calculate physics on and reduce the save file size. 

Brian

Assuming the planet resets to its original state, wouldn't that mean that resources would reset? What's to prevent someone from exploiting this in a save to basically beat the entire game from the start? Would it reset all the research pods? What about the random resources in crashes? I agree the lag created on the xbox specifically can be ridiculous but I don't think a reset would be particularly fair. 

Everything in the planet would reset EXCEPT the portals being unlocked. To include research pods wrecks, resources, etc. if this would be a late game option where the regenerate option is only allowed after you have beaten the game I think that would be fair. 

When it comes to cheating, to get more resources, I don’t think many would abuse it because they still would have to fly there and do al the work to go find the wrecks and research pods. 

But they couldnt beat beat the game from the start because they still have to travel to all the planets to unlock the center node. 

Even if the world regen doesn’t get added, I think the delete all tethers at the least should get added.  

Edited by Hanbri9