hansolocambo

Smooth Mod for the Terrain Tool

Playing Astroneer, I can't stop thinking about ZBrush as using the Terrain Tool often feels a lot like 3D sculpting. So I end up hoping to have a few more possibilities.
One of them : an equivalent to ZBrush's smooth brush : when one arrives on Calidor or Vesania for example, one can enjoy the beauty of soft dunes eroded by the winds... until you break it all up with your tool. At best you can smooth a flat space for a base. But you can't smooth all those triangles to create a nice curved surface.

The terrain Tool should enable us to smooth/relax the polygons of an area we just terraformed. This Mod wouldn't modify much the shape we terraformed, it would just soften its surface to make it look more regular. Like those dunes in Calidor. I can destroy them. But I can't create my own.

Thanks for considering this. With the ability to sculpt Add+Sub, to triangle paint with the analyzer, and smooth with the addition of a new Mod, we'd probably end up with even more artists playing Astroneer just for the sake of sculpting in the wilderness of those beautiful planets.

Cheers

I like this idea. +1

I would also like to see a mod that allows you to flatten an aria that follows the curvature of the planet. Keeping the height you started on in relation to the center of the planet.

On 3/16/2019 at 10:38 AM, Leautraint said:

I would also like to see a mod that allows you to flatten an area that follows the curvature of the planet. Keeping the height you started on in relation to the center of the planet.

The alignment mod is supposed to do just this.

20 hours ago, Skippy The Magnificent said:

The alignment mod is supposed to do just this.

I know but I did not have any success with that. The surface I created seemed fine until I wanted to extend it. The surface did not contain the same height as the first. Maybe I used it wrong.