killingboss812

We need a map

Hi

I think we need a map in th corner of our screens.

You can add it with an energy-related system. When we no longer have energy, the map disappears and we must wait until the energy is filled to reappear. 

Maybe it can be cool with waypoints because I often lose my base :'(

(Sorry for the G. Trad.)

Capture modif.png

capture modif 2.png

Only if it would only work once you put a GPS satellite in orbit, and even then I think making the map a holographic projection of a specialized building (or object which you can carry in your backpack) would be better than tainting this no-HUD philosophy that the developers are so far adhering to.

Edited by Eirikr

@killingboss812 would you be happy with something like this?

On 12/24/2016 at 10:06 AM, RFreshton said:

satellites

My idea is for the addition of satellites and satellite imagery to the game to improve gameplay by adding a map where the user can see a live feed of the planet from the satellite giving the player a bird's eye view of where they are. having the lander be able to fly up to the satellite and dock with it would be great and also give the player the ability to walk around the satellite and expand and upgrade it. i also think the satellite image should not show a map of the entire planet it should just show its view from where it is in space requiring the player to invest in multiple satellites to fill in the entire map. The map should also include placed beacons so the player can easily find there way to where they need to go on the planet without getting lost.

2 hours ago, Eirikr said:

Only if it would only work once you put a GPS satellite in orbit, and even then I think making the map a holographic projection of a specialized building (or object which you can carry in your backpack) would be better than tainting this no-HUD philosophy that the developers are so far adhering to.

I love this ideal of a specialized building or the backpack item

+1 for map. Or rahter... a minimap. With satelites that'd make a great idea. Make minimap a module that can be attached to backpack. Add meteor storms that can sometimes knock down a satelite, ad VOILA! Sounds perfect. Oh... And satelite positioning will have an influence over what area is currently visible.

22 hours ago, killingboss812 said:

Hi

I think we need a map in th corner of our screens.

You can add it with an energy-related system. When we no longer have energy, the map disappears and we must wait until the energy is filled to reappear. 

Maybe it can be cool with waypoints because I often lose my base :'(

(Sorry for the G. Trad.)

Capture modif.png

capture modif 2.png

a good idea to the developers

3 minutes ago, killingboss812 said:

With beautifull draws ?

It would be nice a metal scanner and Communication towers, to avoid losing the signal with the base

Edited by Articszs

8 minutes ago, killingboss812 said:

No we have spaceships to travel and give a lot of ressources

I know, but I wanted to take the train to a cave far away from the base to avoid making a hole near the base and carrying minerals on a massive scale

2 minutes ago, Articszs said:

I know, but I wanted to take the train to a cave far away from the base to avoid making a hole near the base and carrying minerals on a massive scale

It's too automatic

I prefer explore caves, mine and find chest or dead body to have experience and progress

4 minutes ago, killingboss812 said:

It's too automatic

I prefer explore caves, mine and find chest or dead body to have experience and progress

Chest ??? , i never see one of these ,i only found a body You have an some image From this chest

Edited by Articszs

I think a minimap ruins the UI and design goals the developers have with this game.

A good compromise would be to have a building that lets you view the entire planet, like you see when launching into space, once you launch a satellite. Either enter the building like the habitat or an orange button that zooms out. 

Its about exploring?

... maps... but yeah something to make the beacons a bit useless?...

well, it could be great if it works in a different way and might give you a good idea of the terrain or were you was before.

Again beacons.

1 hour ago, killingboss812 said:

What make this post here?

Instead of a energy based map the deform tool can raise a beacon to a height or carve the soil as like the old arrows for the air mail routes in the 1900s  . The ideal is to keep the items down and the language requirements low so translate functions are not necessary on the screen. Since the thread was started as we need a map

2 hours ago, killingboss812 said:

What make this post here?