grapeflavoredmedicine

v1.0.3 - Windows 10 Store - No menu when game launches

Hello. I purchased the game a second time via the windows 10 store in order to play with friends on xbox. The game is completely unplayable for some reason. When the game launches, there is no menu. This is what it looks like: https://i.imgur.com/qpqkKVd.jpg. Some game controls are still active. For example I can zoom in to find a character and open it's backpack and terrain tool: https://i.imgur.com/zmhhgzi.jpg

I wonder if this is as a result of the older version that's available, but I was not able to find anyone else on this forum, Reddit, or through Google searching, that had the same problem.

Does anyone else have this issue? Is this something that's fixed in later versions?

The game is unplayable for me also downloaded from Microsoft Store. I am encountering this same thing and am on v1.10.97.0.

I have tried the following:

• Uninstalling/reinstalling
  • Reset from apps & features
  • wsreset.exe from CMD line as admin

This is a typically an issue with the Microsoft store not communicating with Xbox live properly - you can find the solution here:

Thanks Marc.

Performing these steps in Powershell corrected my issue.

Perform the steps mentioned below and see if it helps.

a: Press Windows key + X.

b: Then click PowerShell (admin)

😄 Now type the following command and hit enter

Get-AppxPackage *windowsstore* | Remove-AppxPackage

Get-AppxPackage *xboxapp* | Remove-AppxPackage 

After a restart (signing out and back in didn't work for me) I entered the following command (again in a powershell in admin):

Get-AppxPackage -AllUsers| Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register “$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml”}