Blue Beefalo

1.0.6.0 - Steam - Friend's inventory wiiped after game crash on desolo

Description: 
My friend glitched out then crashed while we were on Desolo. When he tried joining back, he was prompted with the character creation screen. When he launched, everything we worked hard that was on his backpack, was gone. Just, completely wiped. Please help us!

Platform:
Steam

Version / Build Number: 

Specifications:

• CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-8750H CPU @ 2.20GHz, 2208 Mhz, 6 Core(s), 12 Logical Processor(s)
  • GPU: 4095MB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 (ASUStek Computer Inc)
  • RAM: 16GB Unknown brand RAM
  • Drive: Seagate Firecuda 2TB 2.5" HDD

MSINFO 2019-02-17 7-59 PM.nfo

Hi Blue,

Your game should have gone to the last save I think, so you may not have saved for a long time?

Then the game sees your friend for the first time, just my thoughts, regular saving helps.. 😉

Jake.

This is a common problem in my games.

If you ever die and are launched into space then you will be forced to start as a new character and lose all of your items.  Worse yet, when this happens the possessions you had are not available to be recovered and are lost permanently.   As Jake mentions above, this is definitely a cause for loading the game.

13 hours ago, JakeSimmer said:

Hi Blue,

Your game should have gone to the last save I think, so you may not have saved for a long time?

Then the game sees your friend for the first time, just my thoughts, regular saving helps.. 😉

Jake.

I was always in game from the time he crashed to the time he respawned. And since we had recently been in the space ship it was saved only a couple of minutes back where he did have all his stuff.

This is strange, you save when you get in the rocket, so any glitch in space should bring you back to right before lift-off....

On any glitch, the host should then reload the game from the menu and that should be good... even if you are in two rockets...

(except if the guest is allready in space when the host jumps in his rochet of cause...)

From the 'Groundhogday' complaint it seems there are definitely corrupted save problems out there.

We have all been there in one way or another, you just jump back in, and know that de Devs are still doing their best to devellop and improve this game.

Is there a place where we can upload our savefiles so the devs can have a look?

Good luck!

it happens to me all the time on multiplayer, just endure the bug nothing you can do can help. just redo the guy and keep working, its annoying but hopefully one day they will fix it

4 hours ago, JakeSimmer said:

This is strange, you save when you get in the rocket, so any glitch in space should bring you back to right before lift-off....

On any glitch, the host should then reload the game from the menu and that should be good... even if you are in two rockets...

(except if the guest is allready in space when the host jumps in his rochet of cause...)

From the 'Groundhogday' complaint it seems there are definitely corrupted save problems out there.

We have all been there in one way or another, you just jump back in, and know that de Devs are still doing their best to devellop and improve this game.

Is there a place where we can upload our savefiles so the devs can have a look?

Good luck!

Thanks

3 hours ago, diseasedmeat said:

it happens to me all the time on multiplayer, just endure the bug nothing you can do can help. just redo the guy and keep working, its annoying but hopefully one day they will fix it

Hopefully. That’s why I actually went out of my way to make this bug report this time. I’ve witnessed bugs before just not this severe.