Sign in to follow this  
Aiden Ewing

Local Multiplayer/ Splitscreen!

I really, really, really, hope that you guys at System Era can make Astroneer like so many other games so that a second player on the same console can just pick up a controller and instantly join in your game via Splitscreen, or for a whole game mode to be for Splitscreen.

Me, my Family, and friends like playing Astroneer. Yet, me and my family can’t play together because there is no Splitscreen and we only have 1 console. As for my Friends, we can play online, but when they come over my house, we can’t play together because once again, Astroneer is a 1-player game, no Splitscreen! 

So in the future, I really hope Astroneer becomes a game where Local Multiplayer/Splitscreen is possible, because I really hate it when family friends can’t play together and have to wait each other’s turn to play. It would make for a not only great 2-player option, but a great party mode as well. So this is why I think adding Splitscreen or a Splitscreen mode to Astroneer would make for an even better Family game and a better overall game in general. 

Ps: Keep up the good word System Era! : )

Posted (edited)

I think just displaying the screen of one player already exceeds the limits of refresh rates, so I think it won't be in a "playable" state with two screens (split)... Option would be nice anyway :D

Edited by Igoooor