Backpack should contain a small amount of soil.

The backpack contains a small amount of oxygen and power. I think it should contain a small amount of soil as well. If you don't have a canister on your gun, you're not playing the game correctly. Period. Mobility of any kind requires a soil canister. I think soil canisters should be the dirt equivalent of batteries and oxygen canisters-- helpful, but not strictly necessary. It's an artificial limitation on an already small inventory.

How much of a ramp could you possibly make on such a trivially small amount of internal dirt storage? I don't really see the need for this myself.

It would enable flatten mode for cases where you mostly remove terrain, i guess. Otherwise i see little benefit. Suppose it wouldnt hurt. Allthough, does getting a cannister seem like unreasonable effort for the benefit of enabling flatten, and building stuff out of nothing? :)

7 hours ago, Bomoo said:

How much of a ramp could you possibly make on such a trivially small amount of internal dirt storage? I don't really see the need for this myself.

Not big one for vehicles, but small ones to reach hard to get spots while spelunking, rescuing rovers, covering small holes, flatening terrain arround the base or when setting up small outposts. In all these cases only a small ammount is needed and a the canister slot could be used for something more critical, or when there is no canister available or resin to build them right away

1 hour ago, EstebanLB01 said:

Not big one for vehicles, but small ones to reach hard to get spots while spelunking, rescuing rovers, covering small holes, flatening terrain arround the base or when setting up small outposts. In all these cases only a small ammount is needed and a the canister slot could be used for something more critical, or when there is no canister available or resin to build them right away

This is the idea. Just *being* underground seems to throw soil at you. A lot of the time you only need a little bit to get where you're going in a cave, and if you're flattening terrain underground you usually end up with more soil than you started with.