I was just playing Astroneer, having a good time, when all of a sudden it crashed. When I rejoined the game, all my progress from the previous session was gone. This made me very frustrated. Simply adding an auto-save option/feature would prevent this and any future occurrence of this.

I would argue just having the ability to save manually would be enough. I would hate to have it auto save just as I died or the planet decides to eat something.

On 2/17/2019 at 11:39 AM, Faolan said:

I would argue just having the ability to save manually would be enough. I would hate to have it auto save just as I died or the planet decides to eat something.

Yeah I was just a bit angry to be honest at the time of writing the original post haha. I forgot you could just hop in the shelter.

9 hours ago, Yotter said:

Yeah I was just a bit angry to be honest at the time of writing the original post haha. I forgot you could just hop in the shelter.

But it would be better if you could save anywhere & at any time. Being required to use a seat or the shelter everytime is very inconvenient. When you are just out exploring on foot for long periods of time, you risk losing potential hours of progress.

5 hours ago, MAJOR WOODS said:

But it would be better if you could save anywhere & at any time. Being required to use a seat or the shelter everytime is very inconvenient. When you are just out exploring on foot for long periods of time, you risk losing potential hours of progress.

Agreed. I just lost another 1 and a half hours of progress just yesterday.