Joshua Cox

Extenders in 1.0.3.0

Does anyone know how to use the extenders? Before 1.0, if I had some on my pack, a hologram of one would just appear when I pulled a power cable to its fullest length. I could just click and an extender would place. Now I don't see that. Could someone help me out?

DanielCoffey, in a way, I find it better than the previous method. With the way it was in the past, I would often inadvertently place an extender when I was trying to left-click to release the cable. Then I would try to pick the extender back up and pull out the extender's cable instead (just because the hit box for interaction is small and very close to that of the power cable). Then I would left-click again to let the cable go, only to place another extender. Sometimes this mildly annoying loop would happen to me. With this new system, that can't happen anymore. 

You can also drop the stack on the ground and 'use' it from there. Sort of like the unpacking mechanics. 

You can also do this with tethers. Not that this is profoundly useful, I just noticed this when trying to figure out extenders. 

2 hours ago, ThePlumGate said:

You can also drop the stack on the ground and 'use' it from there. Sort of like the unpacking mechanics. 

You can also do this with tethers. Not that this is profoundly useful, I just noticed this when trying to figure out extenders. 

Huh... interesting