Summary:
1.0+ (still present in 1.0.6)  - Steam - Cant pass through a ground in multiplayer which continues to reappear if mined

Description:

The terrain continues to reappear no matter what in a specific range. Even after reloading both host's game the bug stays and doesn't let pass through. It appears in the place where the slope of the mine encountered the floor of the cave. Things can pass through the barrier (and host too), but the player cant. Tethers can be placed on the barrier, but standing on the barrier is very dangerous, because it seems the player accumulates fall damage in that case, which can easily kill even after standing for 10 seconds. It looks like the player is stuck in one place and is in the sliding animation all that time. It is possible to pass through the barrier in the short time while the ground did not reappear, but there is a high chance of dying of the fall damage after passing.

Platform:
Steam

Version / Build Number: 
1.0+ (bug is still present in newest update 1.0.6)

Specifications:

• CPU: AMD FX(tm)-8320 Eight-Core Processor | 3.5 GHz
  • GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB
  • RAM: 16 GB (2x8)
  • Drive: TOSHIBA DT01ACA100 SCSI | 931 GB

Screenshot (102).png

Hi! My brother and I had this same problem just now! It made our current planet unplayable and we would like to know if there is a way to avoid this until the bug is fixed?

May it is because the of flatten or build-up mod on the terrain tool that the world doesn't handle in multiplayer correctly?

I've added 2 images, one is from my brothers point of view, and the other is from my view. I'm the host and I had the image with the "good cave".

Tried looking up what the current version is...anyways the game is up to date as of writing this, 17th of May, 2019 - Central European Time.

20190517171827_1.jpg

20190517171850_1.jpg

@Ruub, do either of you have an AMD cpu while the other has Intel? Based on other threads here and personaly experience for my friend and me, this seems to be the cause. One can only hope for a fix.

This problem - identified as one of the 'desync' issues on the roadmap - is a priority major bug. 

It's not been shown to be related to the brand of hardware. This is an unlikely but often repeated myth. It's not impossible, but I've not seen any real evidence to support the idea, which does the rounds now and again.

One workaround that has been seen to work in those that try it is for the host to not touch the save unless the specific client is connected. 'Hopping in' to the host's save, or having a variety of clients play at various times, seems to consistently increase the likelihood of the bug. 

I posted about this when I was experiencing it too - these multiplayer bugs are game-breaking and ruined the experience for me entirely.

My wife and I are having the same problem also.  We loved playing it together in Alpha, but since 1.0 we've found it to be almost impossible to play together.

Just a week and a bit until promised land dedicated servers - we cannot wait already!  my newest base has floating stones all around for the client and my carefully made natural cave descent is totally blocked :( And client player constantly dying on ghost textures, ugh. And I saw once driving on a thin air! Miracles happen all the time.

There's  little bit of good news/bad news relating to servers and this bug.

The bad news is that servers have been delayed.  A closed beta is expected to happen in December, and then we should see a public roll-out of servers in early 2020.

The good news is -- the devs have a fix for the multi-player terrain desync issue and it will be implemented in the November 15th update.  There might be a bit a trade off for that fix though.  In areas where you deformed terrain, such as digging to the core or carving into a mountain, some of that terrain might reappear.  Once you remove it, it should no longer be a problem in single player or multi-player.