kernelklutch

1.0.6.0 - Steam - Teleported up 20 meters randomly.

Description: 

Randomly I have been teleported up sometimes to different heights, twice on Atrox and just now on Calidor. Attached is a video showing the glitch.

Platform:
Steam

Version / Build Number: 
1.0.6, but it also happened in 1.0.4

Specifications:

CPU: Ryzen 1600
GPU: Nvidia 1060 3GB
RAM: Corsair 2x8GB DDR4 3000MHz 
Drive: Samsung 850 Evo 500GB

Misc: Mouse+KB, I believe I was about to start digging towards the core, and had just built a small base to research the stuff I found after going to the Alien Chamber. If a dev requests I'll gladly send my save but I've progressed a bit since then. As I said, it's random.

Edited by kernelklutch
Misc part

I have managed to replicate it just now though not intentionally. I didn't mention this previously but I am playing solo, and this is again on Calidor.

I will include my save file as well this time, though it was made half an hour before this occurrence, and I will include a save after I save and exit the game. The video is too big for me to upload in the same post as saves, so I will upload it in a second comment/reply.

SAVE_1$2019.02.16-07.52.00.savegame

SAVE_1$2019.02.16-08.26.44.savegame

Edited by kernelklutch
Punctuation

I've had this happen to me as well. Twice. First time on Atrox, I started walking to a gateway node, I brushed by my shuttle and was shot up like, twice as high as that. Second time on Atrox, I was several layers down in a cave, heading towards the core. I just carted digging, when I was teleported to the roof of the cave (It was an extremely large cavern. Luckily, I somehow did not take damage when I landed. The first time on the surface I did and died not unlike how you died in that video. 

For the devs: 

Version/ Build: 1.0.3.0

Computer specs: 

Version: 1809

Processor: Intel Core i3-8130U CPU @ 2.20 GHz 2.21 GHz

Installed RAM: 8 GB

System Type: x64-bit operating system, x64-based processor

This has happened to me on numerous occasions, most often when underground and walking on terrain that I have modified or leveled using the terrain tool. It will glitch me up a few feet, and occasionally, teleport me up several meters, and frequently, teleport me away in a fatal way.

If I'm underground, there's a good chance I will teleport either into the roof of the cavern, continue getting pushed up to an upper cave layer, or be teleported instantly all the way to the surface. Either way, I'll be away from my air supply, and I'll die trying to get up to the surface or back to tethers. This happened to me on Desolo last night; I was teleported from just above the core to several levels up, away from my rover. Because I was so close to the core, my tangent to the base was quite different, and I ended up on the surface halfway around the moon, and had to shuttle into space to get to my body.

Alternatively, I've died from being teleported to a great height above the surface, as you were, and falling. That's happened on both Novus and Desolo. It happens too quickly for me to get screenshots or video, but it is extremely annoying and frequent. 

Astroneer Version 1.0.6, Windows 10 Pro 64 1803. AMD Ryzen 5 1600 @ 3.2, 16gb ram, GTX 1070.

I have this happen to me constantly, it does seem random, sadly usually when im way below the surface then it clips me through the planet above and drops me.

Playing on Steam / PC

Win 10 home

i5-9600 3.70ghz
16gb ram

RTX 2070 gpu

I love this game, but with this bug that keeps happening over and over I just cant, anyone have luck with a new save? (is this save bugged?)

I've found two more examples of this bug on Reddit:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Astroneer/comments/aue7ue/i_guess_i_can_die_now/
https://www.reddit.com/r/Astroneer/comments/au9a1a/fast_travel_from_atrox_back_to_sylva_big_jump_033/