MattIsTheOne

Thought patches for Xbox were coming out quicker?

Recommended Posts

When they released the 1.03 patch for Xbox, it took 4 days to go through certification! They said along with that update this “Now that this build has passed certification, we have been approved for the bypass group on Xbox which will allow us to deploy builds much faster.” 

This new 1.06 won’t come out until Tuesday for Xbox (fair enough for the Monday holiday) but that would be 3 days minus the Monday. I thought the updates would be quicker? So now players have to endure lags and bugs for another 4 days?! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, MattIsTheOne said:

When they released the 1.03 patch for Xbox, it took 4 days to go through certification! They said along with that update this “Now that this build has passed certification, we have been approved for the bypass group on Xbox which will allow us to deploy builds much faster.” 

This new 1.06 won’t come out until Tuesday for Xbox (fair enough for the Monday holiday) but that would be 3 days minus the Monday. I thought the updates would be quicker? So now players have to endure lags and bugs for another 4 days?! 

Cert team doesn't work weekends and it's been submitted Friday afternoon...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Blind Io said:

Cert team doesn't work weekends and it's been submitted Friday afternoon...

We know that, in last post they mentioned that Xbox did not need Certification anymore. Just sucks waiting 4 days again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Blind Io said:

Cert team doesn't work weekends and it's been submitted Friday afternoon...

Fair enough they don’t work weekends, not sure how a multimillionaire company wouldn’t have their cert team working on weekends but hey ho. The point is, there’s no need for certification anymore as stated by Astroneer, and also... why tell players it’ll be out Tuesday if the Update isn’t being certified over the weekend, it would have made more sense to let us know on the day it’s out because everyone now has to wait a further 4 days! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thats like you needing your car fixed and and saying I’ll do it ASAP, but can’t over the weekend as I don’t work. Why say you can do it ASAP then? 😂 I’m not hating on System era, I love the game and have from day one, but don’t contradict yourself and say patches will be out sooner and then tell us about another patch that wont be out for 4 days!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is a shame I was hoping it would be bought inline with pc as maybe suggested with the last post but will just have to wait a few more days. Put the game down for the mean time it’s become unplayable, taken the shine off it for sure. If the next patch  fixes it then il happily wait for further updates but if not will just pass on yet another potentially good game that doesn’t work on Xbox.. period 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wondering what xbox you are using. 

My specs are

Xbox One launch system 2015

125 Down 10 up

I always start from cold boot, no background apps running and broadcast turned off. Also running game off a 7200 rpm external drive.

I have been able to play the game with only a few issues. 3 crashes, 1 vault in air death and times when framerate issues.

I have been able to build all 3 shuttles, 2 RTG's and have a full base. It may be slow but is still playable, I see lots of people saying it's unplayable, is that multiplayer? I havent done Multi yet.

Looking forward to patch, want better framerates.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/17/2019 at 2:32 PM, Middelaged75 said:

Wondering what xbox you are using. 

My specs are

Xbox One launch system 2015

125 Down 10 up

I always start from cold boot, no background apps running and broadcast turned off. Also running game off a 7200 rpm external drive.

I have been able to play the game with only a few issues. 3 crashes, 1 vault in air death and times when framerate issues.

I have been able to build all 3 shuttles, 2 RTG's and have a full base. It may be slow but is still playable, I see lots of people saying it's unplayable, is that multiplayer? I havent done Multi yet.

Looking forward to patch, want better framerates.  

I have made my way onto the 5th planet having built my base on Terran and only taking what I need with me (repacked atmospheric condenser plus power and module) the game is still playable but having started a new game the performance drop is unreal.

the game is not fun to play when it’s slowed down so much, I play on an original 1tb for a Xbox so not the best but still okay and after starting a new game you can visually see the difference, if my first save ran as smooth as a new saves you would have no complaints from me but as of right now it’s no where near 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh and multiplayer is a no go, had my friend drop in before we had even got going and the host was completely unplayable right from the get go so that’s no good at all

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/17/2019 at 10:32 AM, Middelaged75 said:

Wondering what xbox you are using. 

My specs are

Xbox One launch system 2015

125 Down 10 up

I always start from cold boot, no background apps running and broadcast turned off. Also running game off a 7200 rpm external drive.

I have been able to play the game with only a few issues. 3 crashes, 1 vault in air death and times when framerate issues.

I have been able to build all 3 shuttles, 2 RTG's and have a full base. It may be slow but is still playable, I see lots of people saying it's unplayable, is that multiplayer? I havent done Multi yet.

Looking forward to patch, want better framerates.  

Keep going! I have 12 rtg, several big rovers, off world bases, tethers for miles and was wondering why xbox ppl were complaining so much when mine runs fine. Then i started activating nodes on all planets, i have sylva, atrox, novus, and glacio done. Was getting vesania done and my saves this whole time were progressively slower. Finally on vesania i was getting a save game crash after 10 mins of game play but i pushed through and got to the core. 48 crashes in an 8 hour period, my save game now cannot save as it will crash everytime.

Cold start everytime (i have a power bar on my tv and xbox that i turn off) with no background apps and no broadcasting.

You can be as careful as you want, be as minimal as you want, but if you try to finish this game as it is on xbox you will not be able to do it. Just keep playing and building and it will happen unfortunately :(

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am in the process of building bases beside nodes on each planet. Will not start activating till next patch. BTW started a new game and it ran great.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Middelaged75 said:

I am in the process of building bases beside nodes on each planet. Will not start activating till next patch. BTW started a new game and it ran great.

There shouldn't be any problem with activating them. Not sure what you're protecting against, but the game records your progress. Unlocks should pop back in with this week's patch. 

Turning them on won't affect performance. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/19/2019 at 10:12 AM, Kev Cunning said:

the game is not fun to play when it’s slowed down so much, I play on an original 1tb for a Xbox so not the best but still okay and after starting a new game you can visually see the difference, if my first save ran as smooth as a new saves you would have no complaints from me but as of right now it’s no where near 

I have reinstall the game on my XBOX ONE X and let playing it on a external SSD (Samsung 850 EVO Basic 500GB). Loading time from XBOX-menu to game-menu go very more faster as on internal hdd (near half time). I playing since 60 hours and has any problem with lags or crashes...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Blind Io said:

There shouldn't be any problem with activating them. Not sure what you're protecting against, but the game records your progress. Unlocks should pop back in with this week's patch. 

Turning them on won't affect performance. 

I am taking it slow as I have read alot on Xbox about game crashing issues and lost saves. Most of these people have rushed to the core. This is my first save and I have unlocked almost all research. Plus I like taking it slow. I will start activating soon. 😆

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Middelaged75 said:

I am taking it slow as I have read alot on Xbox about game crashing issues and lost saves. Most of these people have rushed to the core. This is my first save and I have unlocked almost all research. Plus I like taking it slow. I will start activating soon. 😆

I'm fairly convinced (but not wanting to do more testing) that several Xbox crashes are related to the cable twisting that occurs in the cores and at poles. So watch out for that too. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Blind Io said:

I'm fairly convinced (but not wanting to do more testing) that several Xbox crashes are related to the cable twisting that occurs in the cores and at poles. So watch out for that too. 

Thanks, will keep that in mind. Activated the 2 becons already, downloading update, then will start to head for core. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Middelaged75 said:

Thanks, will keep that in mind. Activated the 2 becons already, downloading update, then will start to head for core. 

The short time to testing today morning with last update to 1.0.7, I think it coming better with fps on XB1 X 🙂. But I let me surprise this weekend.😉

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/16/2019 at 10:04 AM, MattIsTheOne said:

Fair enough they don’t work weekends, not sure how a multimillionaire company wouldn’t have their cert team working on weekends but hey ho.

To be honest, Microsoft cannot even manage to get the Games with Gold available on time twice a month. EVERY TIME one is missing or they are late. EVERY. TIME.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now