Sign in to follow this  
Flashman

Can one still mine ammonium?

I know that ammonium can be obtained from the soil centrifuge.  However, since 1.0, I have yet to find a single instance of ammonium in the ground.  I have full bases on Sylva,  Desolo, Vesania and Novus.  I have just started a base on Glacio.  I have explored extensively underground in those first four planets.  On Sylva and Desolo I have also explored the surface extensively as well. (Think, 2-3 beacons in 3-4 directions from the the base.)

So, I am wondering:

• Am I looking in the wrong places?
  • Am I the victim of a horrible seed?
  • Is ammonium just so rare that the soil centrifuge is the only realistic option unless you get lucky?

Has anyone actually mined ammonium since 1.0 and if so, where?

25 minutes ago, Flashman said:

I know that ammonium can be obtained from the soil centrifuge.  However, since 1.0, I have yet to find a single instance of ammonium in the ground.  I have full bases on Sylva,  Desolo, Vesania and Novus.  I have just started a base on Glacio.  I have explored extensively underground in those first four planets.  On Sylva and Desolo I have also explored the surface extensively as well. (Think, 2-3 beacons in 3-4 directions from the the base.)

So, I am wondering:

• Am I looking in the wrong places?
  • Am I the victim of a horrible seed?
  • Is ammonium just so rare that the soil centrifuge is the only realistic option unless you get lucky?

Has anyone actually mined ammonium since 1.0 and if so, where?

Forests, on Sylva at least. There's enough knocking about. 

Just a few hours ago I was on Glacio, it has some really huge clusters on the surface and you just dig down and carve a wide pit and get it all.

I have been farming there its easy to spot against the white surface... but yeah you do sometimes have to wander a bit.

Thanks all.  I managed to get two medium storage worth of it after scouring the forest near my Sylva base.  Good to know it is actually out there, if a bit difficult to spot.