Hey all, long-time alpha player here returning to check out the final release.

Anyone have a for-sure list of which planets have which dynamic environmental hazards? Mostly thinking of the storms with flying rocks, unless more have been added.

In old builds I always used to have my main base on Barren (now Desolo) because it was the only planet with no storms. But in the current build I've spent several day/night cycles on the starter planet and haven't seen a storm yet. I'm wondering if they changed up which planets have storms, or if they just take a while to start occurring.

This might all be moot anyway since the RTG makes underground bases perfectly viable, but I'm still curious.

Thanks!

The storms have been taken out of the game for now, as I understand it.

I believe they will be placed back eventually, maybe with weather or such, but for now, there are no storms.

Scroll down this section and you'll find a long thread on storms. Reminds me a bit of alpha days when people were asking for guns to kill things.

Now that I have used the G-word and the K-word I'll go stand in the corner for 5 minutes as my well-deserved punishment.

On 2/15/2019 at 1:00 PM, Petrataur said:

Whoops, didn't expect this to be a widely discussed topic. Sorry, thanks!

No worries, discussion is healthy and good ideas/suggestions can come out of it. And re-reading myself a couple days later, my comment comes across harsh, which wasn't my intention.

Edited by Eoghan