Crash after crash after crash ((PC/WIN 10))

Robert Gorman

I am officially stopping Astroneer. I have Rage Quit at least twice a day lately because of crashes. They seem to happen the longer I play without saving. Just now it happened again after I went through a ton of work to build my first medium battery.

I went to load into my structure, whatrever the main camp building thing is and it crashes. It doesnt seem to crash except when I try to save.

For now, farewell. I will check the patch notes from time to time in hopes that it gets fixed. But I cannot with a clear conscience recommend this game. I recommend waiting several patches for some major nearly game breaking glitches that I can play around. (Invisible holes, sinking vehicles, suddenly being launched into orbit, etc..)

I second this. my experience was 4 hours of very glitchy gameplay before hand it failed to even load and now two days after purchasing it won't load beyond the system era screen blinks straight back to my desk top. I use steam my system is a high end recently purchased gaming pc running windows 10

It would be useful if you posted your PC spec. Saying it "crashes" but not giving any perspective as to what you are running it on means nobody can offer advice.

1 hour ago, DanielCoffey said:

It would be useful if you posted your PC spec. Saying it "crashes" but not giving any perspective as to what you are running it on means nobody can offer advice.

intel i7 9700k oc 5ghz 16gb ram asus rog strix motherboard 64-bit operating system x64 - based processor nvidea RTX 2070 gpu 

windows 10 home version 1809 and this is the only game I have ever had this kind of trouble with 

Edited by R1X_85

Sorry. I was/am tiffed about this.

Here is a DXdiag repost.

Operating System: Windows 10 Pro 64-bit (10.0, Build 17763) (17763.rs5_release.180914-1434)
                 Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
      System Manufacturer: Alienware
             System Model: Alienware 17 R4
                     BIOS: 1.2.4 (type: UEFI)
                Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-7700HQ CPU @ 2.80GHz (8 CPUs), ~2.8GHz
                   Memory: 16384MB RAM
      Available OS Memory: 16254MB RAM
                Page File: 7948MB used, 10736MB available
              Windows Dir: C:\WINDOWS
          DirectX Version: DirectX 12
      DX Setup Parameters: Not found
         User DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)
       System DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)
          DWM DPI Scaling: Disabled
                 Miracast: Available, with HDCP
Microsoft Graphics Hybrid: Supported
           DxDiag Version: 10.00.17763.0001 64bit Unicode

FYI, I can vouch for most of the bugs listed on this forum.