woulg [B]

Using an idle computer as a server.

Hello,

The host's fps always goes down to 10 in a 2 player coop session on windows 10 pc (i5 8400 2.6 ghz / i7 3770 3.4 ghz), with all tethers disconnected. From what I've been reading, that's "normal" because of bad optimisation of the processing system and the multiplayer. Correct me if I'm wrong.

I want to try using an idle machine purely as a server but i dont have another client bought on steam, and as much as I'd love to support the devs more, I don't feel like spending 20 euro just to make a little experiment. 

Has anyone tried doing this or something similar? Does the host machine need to cover just the minimum game requirements or to exceed them?

Is there any free or alternative way to do this?

Any ideas or tips regarding server hosting and fps optimisation are welcome.

Thank you!

Posted (edited)

Hi, I have already tried this and can say it is not worth it! If using your own computer as a host, you can't play with friends for more than 20 minutes due to performance issues, using an idle computer as a host will play about 40 minutes until performance affects everyone, especially the host. You and your friends will leave the game sooner or later due to performance issues whenever using multiplayer at this stage of development.

Honestly, I don't understand why they are updating the game without implementing the promised, late and undeliverable dedicated server. I believe they will have much more problems with the game if they deploy the server too late as the game will have already evolved and they will have new problems at the base of the game to solve.

Another thing that bothers me is not seeing here the game devs interacting in such an important forum area. It seems that they are not aware of what the community wants.

I made two publications in this area and got no response in either.

Sorry for the bad english.

Edited by CMDR Edu