drpeppercan

Is the Astroneer forum in Steam still being maintained?

Tell me about it. Devs don't even come here to their own forums except to post an announcement once in a blue moon, then completely disappear. Heck, look at the breadcrumbs line, the sub-forum still reads "Astroneer - Early Access + Game Preview"!

On 2/12/2019 at 12:22 PM, drpeppercan said:

I hope this is not rude to ask here in these forums.

DPC

You can also check reddit. More "useful" posts than you'll find here and the community is very helpful.

On 2/13/2019 at 9:07 PM, drpeppercan said:

I had just added it to my list of useful Astroneer links!

Thank you Eoghan :)

DPC

You're welcome.

"Communication" for this game and SES is really bad. They don't use the forums on their own web site. They use Discord. Sometimes they tweet something. You can only comment on Steam if you own the game through Steam. Reddit is the wild west. There are no Xbox-specific discussion sites for the game. Sometimes there is a vlog on YouTube.

How about a unified communication strategy? WHERE are we supposed to go to find out about current and future patches/releases? Here, where they never interact with us? Where is the bug list so we can find out if something has been reported already? How do we let them know a bug they marked as resolved is still present? There is no wonder they have no idea what they are doing.