☣ ƝαКє ☣

How to play alone?

When I want to play solo automatically an online game is created, only my friends can join, but when I play solo my fps remain around 30 fps. When I connect to a friend's game my fps are at 60. I would like to be able to close my games so that they are private and not have to host a game whenever I want to play 🙄

Edited by ☣ ƝαКє ☣

4 hours ago, ☣ ƝαКє ☣ said:

When I want to play solo automatically an online game is created, only my friends can join, but when I play solo my fps remain around 30 fps. When I connect to a friend's game my fps are at 60. I would like to be able to close my games so that they are private and not have to host a game whenever I want to play 🙄

At the moment there's no in-game control for that, but you can play offline. 

5 hours ago, ☣ ƝαКє ☣ said:

Regarding your FPS, I very much doubt it would increase if you were able to choose a hypothetical solo mode. The reason you get higher FPS while connected to someone else's game, is because much of the game is offloaded to the other player who is acting as server. This load, or these tasks, are still necessary if you play solo, but now your computer has to take care of them. For this reason, joining a game rather than creating one, will free up CPU resources, leaving more free to run your graphics and in turn increases FPS. Willing to bet you are CPU bottlenecked. Makes perfect sense to me. But not going to claim i know 100% the workings of Astroneer servers, so do correct me if i am wrong.

But the option to pick solo game would be nice i think. Cause sometimes I just want to play solo without suprise visits. Not to mention the performance hit on my poor 4 core i5 when it has to keep track of more players and larger active areas 🤐

Hoping that when dedicated servers arrive, i can simply set up a 2nd computer to run the server, offloading my main computer.

Edited by Hermann