Ok so I wont lie I was excited to play this game, all the good new additions to the game I seen since I last played it like a year or so ago. Finally not barebones anymore. Go to install it but what do I see in the steam reviews? EULA changes. Interesting.... and this is what I found

Originally posted by System Era Softworks:

The information collected and used for the advertising may contain (without limitation) age and gender, number of times an advertisement is viewed, device identifiers, Internet usage and sites visited, and other information relevant for directing advertisements.
(...)
Our use of your information may include (1) the collection of your information by us, our affiliates, vendors, and business partners; and (2) the transfer of your personal information and other gameplay information to our affiliates, vendors, business partners, and to other third parties, including, without limitation, your home country, the United States government, and other sovereign countries.

So this is concerning. Essentially can data mine our private info. Sell off to your investors and whoever else... I am also not a huge fan of Adams generic response/copy pasta to multiple negative reviews about the EULA

Hello! Adam here from the dev team.

Our EULA is a generic agreement meant to cover all current and future System Era titles. It’s broad to cover many circumstances that could be problematic and require forthrightness, especially since the passing of stronger privacy law in the EU. Astroneer does not contain any advertisements, and collects only telemetry required to enable in-game achievements and monitor game stability.

If anyone wishes not to play Astroneer because of the content of the EULA, we understand and respect your decision. The EULA is what it is to enable us to make all the games we might wish to make, in all regions, abiding by all applicable law.

Feel free to reach out to me directly if you have any questions, comments, or suggestions for System Era. My email is adam@systemera.net

I notice its everywhere on steam reviews but nowhere here...… strange

EDIT: OHHHHHHHHHHHH that's why I don't see it being discussed here , so that's why you make people come to this forum instead of using steam, this way you can pre-approve any comment before it gets seen and create a nice little safe space

Edited by jeremyb616

On 2/12/2019 at 3:02 PM, jeremyb616 said:

EDIT: OHHHHHHHHHHHH that's why I don't see it being discussed here , so that's why you make people come to this forum instead of using steam, this way you can pre-approve any comment before it gets seen and create a nice little safe space

Yeah, that's not how it works here. Things have been busy and the manual first time approval has been a thing for over a year now to combat spam bots. Just catching up with the queue of hundreds of posts.
Although the EULA topic is over now anyway.

On 2/12/2019 at 6:02 AM, jeremyb616 said:

I notice its everywhere on steam reviews but nowhere here...… strange

I don't think it is quite the nefarious plot you want to make it out to be.  A lot of the people here have been playing for a couple of years.  I doubt many people that were involved in the early access even read the EULA since it was just another update to them.  That was certainly the case for me.  Additionally, since the whole purpose of this set of forums was feedback on the game, the idea of preventing negative feedback is kind of silly.   There are plenty of bad opinions of the game and / or aspects of the game to be found here.