drpeppercan

Stranded in Glacio :( (Question inside)

Yes, I know, I know! 
I was too excited to check that I had another thruster to come back :(

If someone else were to join me, would he/she arrive to Silva or Glacio?

DPC

The one bit of good news is that glacio has everything you need to build a smelter and print a new thruster, glacio is only missing sphalerite, wolframite, malachite, and lithium. You can do it man!

Thanks for the encouragement T.O. :)

I didn't see Laterite among the resources in Glacio, but I got lucky and found ONE unit of it in a wreckage!!!
I already smelted it. All I need is to find the Ammonium (which is supposed to be found here). So yeah, it seems it's just a matter of time 😀

Btw, I didn't know there was so so much Hematite here. I already collected over 25 units!
Also, Graphite, which is used to package stuff, very handy!

I've been there too. Got stuck in first hours of 1.0 just after coming back from first trip to Desolo, accidentaly clicked Gacius while mousing over. All I had was 13 wolframites and a single compound, with nothing to see in the landscape, luckly there was a hole in the unbrakeble rock to make stuff going... was tough.

Anyway... there is laterite in first layer caves (dark-blue) at least for me, a trick I got to extract resources from unbrackable rock is playng with the Alt and Ctrl button on it with the terrain tool.

Thank for sharing Fezys, specially about that valuable tip on breaking the rock.

Btw, I'm back home now!
:)

Edited by drpeppercan

I went over to the help section and found that, but they changed all the names of the planets. Guess I'll just have to get out into space and land somewhere. Prepared of course...

3 hours ago, ThePlumGate said:

I went over to the help section and found that, but they changed all the names of the planets. Guess I'll just have to get out into space and land somewhere. Prepared of course...

Yes, after 1.0 the names of the planets did change.

Just refer to the chart Tactile Obj posted, and the new planets list

Edited by drpeppercan

@ThePlumGate you started your game on sylva, thats the new terra. You want to goto novus, its got the most hematite. If you bring up your in game menu it has an astropedia that shows you the planets and what their primary and secondary resources are.

Funny thing is, my being stranded in such a seemingly inhospitable place was an unfortunate thing, I thought. But in the end not only did it work out, but it actually worked out for the best. As I mentioned earlier, I ended up finding some pretty good stuff. As you can see in the image, plenty of Hematite (iron), Graphite (that explains all the yellow Packages), Ammonium (I'll need it for the thrusters and soon for Hydrazine). Not to mention those 7,500 bytes resources! Woohoo! I hit the jackpot with those.

20190212000842_1.jpg

5 minutes ago, Tactile Object said:

@ThePlumGate you started your game on sylva, thats the new terra. You want to goto novus, its got the most hematite. If you bring up your in game menu it has an astropedia that shows you the planets and what their primary and secondary resources are.

That is correct, Novus shows to have the most Hematite. However, if you go to Glacio, not only will you find Hematite there too, but also other important and rare (in Silva anyway) resources, like Titanite. Other good ones are Graphite and Ammonium. These last 2 exist in Silva also, but not as much as found in Glacio, especially for Graphite. At least in my experience. I never did care much for Graphite before, but now with the new Packager tool, it has a whole new meaning to me! :)

Can someone screencap the astropedia button - I feel like an idiot. I looked at this the other day,  and all I saw was the tutorial screens.

Maybe I should have scrolled down a little?