Sign in to follow this  
LmaoItsBleach

New beacon tracker machine

After playing Astroneer since the Alpha and really getting to know the game, I think that there should be a new machine in the game known as the LGBT, or Line Guided Beacon Tracker. What this does is it keeps track of all your beacons, and there is an interface that allows you to select a specific beacon. Once a beacon is selected, a line shows up that guides the player to the selected beacon, which would help a lot because sometimes beacons can be pretty hard to find, even with the marker.

I second this feature request. The beacons are almost useless now. Granted there were bad when you could see all of them too but now you walk 50 yards away and you cant see them any more. Spent an hour tonight because i didnt notice this until i was out of site of the beacons i placed. A device that you could craft to track long distance beacons on would be great. What would be better is if you could name the beacons and then track each one separately by name, making the entire beacon system useful without depending on keeping them in sight a requirement. You guys and gals are very smart and have already thought of most of this. Keep up the great work.

I'd make this a satellite you launch into orbit that allows you to see the signals from beacons that are obscured by the horizon/being on the other side of the planet. The platform you launch it from would have the controls to select which beacon(s) it points you toward. (Though I don't see any need for it to have an alternative sexuality, it's just a genderless machine. ;) )

While we're of the subject of the terrible lack of navigational aids, tether lines should have an indicator that points back toward their oxygen source, allowing you to find your way out your maze of tethers spread through miles of caves!

39 minutes ago, Samurai Jack said:

I'd make this a satellite you launch into orbit that allows you to see the signals from beacons that are obscured by the horizon/being on the other side of the planet. The platform you launch it from would have the controls to select which beacon(s) it points you toward. (Though I don't see any need for it to have an alternative sexuality, it's just a genderless machine. ;) )

While we're of the subject of the terrible lack of navigational aids, tether lines should have an indicator that points back toward their oxygen source, allowing you to find your way out your maze of tethers spread through miles of caves!

This would work. Perhaps also add the amount of steps it would take to get to the beacon?

A map system you can build would also be a great idea, much like launching a GPS satellite into space or something then you can use a hotkey to open/close it and maybe a smaller ground station that uses power to give you a closer map. 

The satellite thing is a good idea. It could be only a camera, so the player can watch the planed from orbit, like do it from a shuttle.

13 hours ago, Palanova said:

The satellite thing is a good idea. It could be only a camera, so the player can watch the planed from orbit, like do it from a shuttle.

Yeah. 

On 2/15/2019 at 10:02 AM, Palanova said:

Yeah, nice endgame addition.