W3tStrang

Crashes on Xbox 1

So I play on Xbox, and every time I go into as spaceship/rover/base, or try to save and quit, the game crashes and my progress is lost for that session. This happens EVERY time. PLEASE FIX!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I play Astroneer 1.0 on XBoxOne x and also have the game installed on Window 10 xbox. Same thing happens to me when entering habitat or tractor it is as though there is a zap, screen goes black, and upon re-entering the game all progress has been lost. I started a new game, played about 20 hours and it crashed upon entering tractor. This has been a longstanding problem for me going back to playing the game on xbox windows 10 prior to the 1.0 release of Astroneer. 

Yeah it is really annoying. However, this never happened to before the 1.0 update. Personally, I think that since the 1.0 update is so detailed, it takes up so much CPU that whenever it tries to do something extra, like save, it crashes because the CPU gets overloaded. Also, do you get crashes when you just save and quit, or only when entering something?

Or it could be a bandwidth issue, like your Internet/Ethernet is not good enough. This might actually be it as it just randomly started happening. Maybe my internet for whatever reason downgraded and that caused the problem, as I have been having internet troubles in other games as well in the past few days.  

I had it happen only once when I quickly entered my Habitat. Now I wait a sec after the Y enter appears then I enter. No issues since doing that.... fingers crossed.

Did/does it happen when you just save and exit to main menu? Or when you enter a vehicle, because that is what happens to me. I will try though, and report back.

It happened while entering Hab. Also see if you turn your xbox off or run in low power mode. Mine is set to off completely.Then I power up fresh. This helps insure background programs are off and 100 resources are toward game. Maybe this is why I haven't seen issues as much.

I am pretty sure I have my Xbox set to turn off completely, though I will check. I hope this works, If it doesn't, it will render my most progressed save unusable :(. 

Best of luck hope it works. Love to test Multi player never done it. Have a good base going with small shuttle. Will send you a message with my Xbox tag if you want to join up. Later

17 hours ago, W3tStrang said:

Or it could be a bandwidth issue, like your Internet/Ethernet is not good enough. This might actually be it as it just randomly started happening. Maybe my internet for whatever reason downgraded and that caused the problem, as I have been having internet troubles in other games as well in the past few days.  

Thank you for your suggestions. It could be both CPU or WiFi limitations for me. My WiFi is variable. If the game goes to save during a slow speed period it doesn't sync? Thank you.

18 hours ago, Middelaged75 said:

I had it happen only once when I quickly entered my Habitat. Now I wait a sec after the Y enter appears then I enter. No issues since doing that.... fingers crossed.

Thank you. Will keep that in mind.

17 hours ago, W3tStrang said:

Did/does it happen when you just save and exit to main menu? Or when you enter a vehicle, because that is what happens to me. I will try though, and report back.

It happens when I enter the habitat, the shuttle or the rover. When it used to happen it meant that the game would be frozen from that point on, i.e. every time I'd go in and do something t would save. Now, I lose all I've done, but can go back in and play again, and the save will capture the changes.

16 hours ago, Middelaged75 said:

It happened while entering Hab. Also see if you turn your xbox off or run in low power mode. Mine is set to off completely.Then I power up fresh. This helps insure background programs are off and 100 resources are toward game. Maybe this is why I haven't seen issues as much.

Sometimes both. I generally turn off xbox by holding down controller button and then turning off console. However, I will often play for hours, leaving it on thru the day. I wonder also if there is something that happens by using multiple devices; i.e. I might play for a while on a Windows 10 xbox device, then another Windows 10 device, and more recently switch to xbox one x. But the powering down the xbox is a good idea, will try that during the day. 

@Middlelaged75 I tried your first suggestion and it did not work. I think it is probably something local, like Wifi. I have been having bad Wifi lately and that might be it. Thank you for the suggestion though :)!