BarthVader316

1.0 Feedback and Future Ideas

First, @SystemEra, I know you guys are all working hard to smash bugs so these ideas might be pre-mature. but I don't want to forget them. 

Second, I am a long time fan of this game. I started playing in January of 2017 and have enjoyed the game since then. I'd like to offer some feedback and ideas I hope will make it into the game. 

1. Small power items still do not have a hologram that shows you the direction they power plugs will be facing. Often I have to pick up stuff to line up the cables 2-3 times before getting it how I want. 
  2. Some of the resource spawns seem HUGE!! like multiple trips / rovers full of Aluminium. I noticed this on the starting planet. I have only been to two other planets as I am taking my time enjoying the game. Resin and Compound seem to be part of this as well. 
  3. I was hoping that all found debris would be shred-able. Sadly, the smaller platforms and even the rovers are not shred-able. Maybe create an Extra Large Shredder?
  4. I would love to see an improvement on resource storage. I know at one point there was talk about being able to fold down the medium storage by holding F (or E, whatever it might be). But I know this would create a lot of clipping possibilities.  I think this should be looked at. It might even be worth bringing in a small storage that holds 4 resources and it printed/unboxed flat. Think the bottom part of the medium storage. Would cost 1 resin. Printed from the small printer. 
  5. True Flat - I know you have heard this feedback loud and clear so I won't go into any detail
  6. I would love the ability to toggle off the augment mods while keeping the augments slotted to the terraform tool. 
  7. The thrusters for the ships look out of proportion. A small complaint, but, putting a solid fuel thruster on a large rocket looked funny
  8. speaking of thrusters, I loved and hated that the range requirement was removed. I feel like this could have been fleshed out more to require players to build a certain thruster to get to that planet that SUPER Far away. For me it would bring progression. I know others though loved the removal of the range requirement. 
  9. I wish there was a way to remove the pre-determined landing spots on a planet. In my current game, I landed at a spot and found that it would be a great place to settle. so I dropped a landing pad and now when I want to go back, there are two of those bubble things right on top of each other. 
  10. As you play for hours and hours, I would love to see some crazy research unlocks. Things that are around the 50k or 100k bytes. Would only be discover-able through exploring the planets. you find a thing, bring it back to the base, and have to do something with it, and receive a new unlock in the catalog. This could be an alien tech of some kind. One idea that I could think of would be a flying rover, or perhaps the ability to create a "wildcard" resource that can fill in for another resource. Another idea would to be able to spend points to research the smelter again. Only now it would smelt things 5% faster. or the rovers would have a higher capacity battery. This would also ensure that research remains relevant at end game.  
  11. I was among the few that liked the storms. I will say though that the storms in the Alpha and Pre-Alpha phase were poorly implemented. I believe the storms could bring some interesting game play elements into the game. I think what most people hated about the storms is that you could easily die in one and that it seemingly just wasted time. I would suggest bringing them into the game but with these elements. (keep in mind these are just some ideas that I have been thinking about)
    1. Wind Storm - Inhibits Movement; Causes wind turbines to generate power above their normal rate; Turbines can also break turning them into scrap. "Medium" and "Large" components could be repaired with some resources. Might even prevent the research machines from working due to them being exposed to the elements. 
    2. Electrical Storm - Power devices, more specifically batteries, can fail, and even have the small chance to blow up and cause damage to the platform its on. This could lead to the potential of damaging things around it. Limited to the platform that the battery is on that "blows up" or thematically "causes the platform power system to overload"
    3. Ice Storm - Causes Turbines to stop all together. Could even prevent the Atmospheric Condenser from working as the cold weather "spoils the sample" or something a long those lines.

Thanks for reading. 

BV

Totally agree with points 1, 2, 3, 5, 6, 9 and 11.

Speaking of broken windmills by the storm, it would be nice to be able to craft a repair tool and put all those broken platforms, solar panels and windturbines back to work.

About the landing sites, an issue i noticed is that some of them cant be seen under the clouds. I was in orbit and half the planet didnt "had" a landing site, i just clicked by mistake and the shutle started decending and landed .. i just clicked on a hidded landing site below the clouds. 

Or your stuff could get so broken you have to scrap them and build a new one. It still adds an element of management to the game.

I totally agree with most points in the OP, especially the desire for research items to occasionally, randomly, just unlock a new researchable item. maybe you can only get them from small technology researchables or something.

Instead of getting 700 bytes over three minutes, it takes three minutes and unlocks "improved battery life" or "jet pack" or "extra large shredder" or such.

#11 for sure! I'd love for the storms to return. 

Something I mentioned in another thread would be game modes that either include or exclude storms. Want a chill save with no storms? Pick "Normal" mode with no storms. Want more challenge? Select "Adventure" mode with some storms. Want the ultimate survival challenge? Select "Hardcore" mode for powerful storms. Something like that would let folks choose, hopefully providing something for everyone.