Sign in to follow this  
Dirtyshadow

End Game Reward - Needs something more related to Teleports or Aliens

I will try not to spoil the ending here, but I have to mention... I am deeply disappointed in mysteries that end with mysteries and no answers 🤬

While the ending unlocks the Skin and Colours, it does not unlock anything substantial for the player. Especially when you consider the long task of powering nodes, resourcing cores for all the planets. I gave that girl a diamond, I expect better :P

I would therefore like to suggest items you unlock for completing such a monument task in game. Feel free to suggest your own... be it from silly to game changing. I just think it needs something more. Maybe they can be delivered as an alien pod landing at Sylva first base, or unlocks as a astronium crafting pattern in the tablet (alien hackers tada!), or the satellite has a dispenser/printer of its own.

• Passive: All Inactive Nodes will now power up fully and active if you stand near them
  • A fabricator for Zebra Balls.
  • An Alien working light that looks like a purple orb, but illuminates a larger area, doesn't require backpack power to stay on.
  • An alien oxygenerator, that changes all the blue lines to glowing purple.
  • A backpack carrying "Hearthstone" that when used teleports you from wherever you are to the satellite.
  • A deployable teleport pad. Options of what they can do can vary
    • On Use: Teleport to the Alien Satellite (this option can be deployed multiple locations if its One Way only)
    • Return Teleport... Using any alien teleport will have an alien icon for your teleport (this would limit you to be only able to make one using the current UI by adding one icon)
  • An Alien Engine for your shuttle. No longer requires fuel. (If I got access to free interplanetary teleportation, why not free space travel)

Just felt like I needed a more substantial reward.

Edited by Dirtyshadow

When you beat the game you unlock a new skin, new colors and a new visor which are pretty cool if you want to try them out

Bruv did you understand the cutscene when you beat the game? It shows Your solar system, which transforms into a symbol, which connects to some other symbols like it. To me, the implications are clear. It means that our astroneer got teleported to another solar system. That’s what I thought of it, but I’m not sure if that is correct. What were you guys thinking?

Astrofun

Same here, So Astrofun And System Era When are we going to Follow our Astroneer ???

Game Ending was Great, also I dont see Anywhere in the Road map anything about Where our Astroneer went too. Are we keeping Secrets Again ??

18 hours ago, Astrofun said:

Bruv did you understand the cutscene when you beat the game? It shows Your solar system, which transforms into a symbol, which connects to some other symbols like it. To me, the implications are clear. It means that our astroneer got teleported to another solar system. That’s what I thought of it, but I’m not sure if that is correct. What were you guys thinking? 

Ummm... He would be in another universe if he stepped in the Purple Circle... but at the last moment another unrelated rift opens and without reason or story the Astroneer picks the OTHER DOOR he didn't spend the countless hours TRYING TO OPEN!!!! (I say countless cause I am not looking at my steam played). The moment it tried to explained something deux ex mcguffin created a rift in the universe and your dumbass went in.

You can't spend that many hours chasing down a rabbit hole, well 9 holes, to not get an ending to a story or chapter here. An answer to one question.

A missed opportunity to sprinkle lore or story at the end of each core, a puzzle, something... cause purple portal was obvious the second you saw the platform, white rift was a huge dump on any agency you had, or any sense of completion.

20 hours ago, Rebelord said:

When you beat the game you unlock a new skin, new colors and a new visor which are pretty cool if you want to try them out

Yes, I stated those, but a big finish needs a big reward, not the same reward you got for every other planet too.  I like shiney new toys, gizmos, gadgets, another tier of alien crafting, something you can proudly use and say I EARNED THIS!... it just felt like such an empty ending, a missed opportunity for a big finale and a big reward.  Just one piece of alien technology...

Edited by Dirtyshadow