Eco Echo

PC 1.0.3/4 Tractor sinks into the ground when terraforming near it

On PC v1.0.4 and I have lost 1 and almost 2 tractors because they think it is acceptable to sink through the floor and drag all my resources/trailers with them. It is sort of funny that they just disappear, but annoying. It has happened both on the surface and in caves, and sometimes the trailers do it too. Otherwise I love the update!

• This has been happening to me too. When the vehicle gets sucked under, it drags my astroneer down with it. If I react fast enough, my astroneer can jump out, hopefully to land alive on the surface, but usually he dies :(  So, I keep losing my vehicle, trailers, resources, tech, all of it every 45 minutes or so. I sure hope it gets fixed!

This has happened to me in the past as well, I was just taking my tractor down into the caves when my tractor got stuck. So then I decided to hoist it up using my terrain tool when it glitched or sunk through the ground and I have to retrieve my tractor.

Also right beside My base, I have had some issues when my character glitches through the ground and then pops back up. 

Lastly, When I'm In the caves, I have come across little slips or graphics problems where the terrain surface is thin and you could easily fall down.

BrightSon2003 It hasn't been happening that often for me, but definitely enough to be annoying. I am pretty sure the devs will fix it fairly soon, but they also have their hands pretty full. I mean, it's somewhat better than when the rovers used to fly into space.

Confirmed- happening to me too--- seems to be a problem that gets worse over a gameplay session too.  Restarting the game seems to improve the problem for me and unstick stuck tractors/buggy.  I'm now restarting the game every 20-30mins of play to try to avoid this problem.

Yeah, but the load times are pretty bad so far so that’s an extra 5 mins every time... but 5 minutes for a tractor not disappearing is ok I guess.

On 2/10/2019 at 8:46 PM, Eco Echo said:

On PC v1.0.4 and I have lost 1 and almost 2 tractors because they think it is acceptable to sink through the floor and drag all my resources/trailers with them. It is sort of funny that they just disappear, but annoying. It has happened both on the surface and in caves, and sometimes the trailers do it too. Otherwise I love the update!

Update: Lost my second tractor, two trailers, two researches, and a generator just now. I thought "ok, I'll make a rover, they don't do that, right?" WRONG. Nearly lost my first rover to this glitch as well! I also have been experiencing a glitch where if you get out of the rover on an incline, it will start sliding (much like when your character slides) and you have 0 control. Mine slid off of a mountain, into a cave, down the cave, and into a lower part of it. Took a good 10 minutes of digging to get it out. Finally found my way back home only to have this happen: