The Touch of Grey Gamer

Purple Gateway Chamber

I love the purple gateway chambers, I think. I've opened/unlocked all 6(?) on Sylva, the two on Desolo (which were the only ones I could find on either planet) and I also opened up one on Atrox. 

I achieved the achievement Utilize the Gateway Fast Travel Network 

Here's the thing. I'm not figuring out what GC is #1 or #3 or whatever. When I'm traveling it seems to be all random. Or, is there something as plain as day right in front of me that I'm missing? I have yet to travel between celestial bodies. I'm sure it can be done but I'm just not seeing how. I just can't figure out what I'm doing wrong. 
Who's got the answers?🌚

Once you unlock all nodes and the gateway core on a planet it allows you to go to orbit and travel to the alien satelite in orbit around the sun. You feed a particular resource to each core and get a geometrical trytarch in return. Put that trytarch in its spot on the alien satelite. Once you have a core gate unlocked AND have been to visit the satelite you can now teleport off planet.

I have a clan chat where we talk about this stuff if you are interested :) haha

Screenshot_20190210-104719_Samsung Internet.jpg

@Tactile Object thanks!

I just went from one GC to another on Sylva. I can't figure out how to choose which GC I want to travel to. I'm choosing 1 - 6 on the purple hologram thing (which by the way is cool yet difficult to navigate as I can't get my Astroneer to walk around to the other side of it to see the other 'gems' to highlight?) to go to but I don't know where each of the 6 are on the planet. I wish a nice holographic map of the planet would show so I could just pick the exact GC I want to go to. Unless of course I'm missing something.

I think this may have been designed with MP in mind? I don't know I'm trying to figure it out but to no avail thus far

@The Touch of Grey Gamer i play on xbox and one thing i found helps a lot when choosing which node i want is instead of using the cursor to select a node just select the hologram and then i press the button i use to move my astroneer left or right and it will actually scroll through all the nodes without using the cursor and let you select the ones on the back side of the display much easier. Not sure which button it would be on pc but i would try the movement buttons first :)

1 hour ago, Tactile Object said:

@The Touch of Grey Gamer i play on xbox and one thing i found helps a lot when choosing which node i want is instead of using the cursor to select a node just select the hologram and then i press the button i use to move my astroneer left or right and it will actually scroll through all the nodes without using the cursor and let you select the ones on the back side of the display much easier. Not sure which button it would be on pc but i would try the movement buttons first :)

Thanks for the tip I will try that!