Destyre

This is seriously full release?

Background: I've had my eye on Astroneer for a couple of years now. I don't trust Early Access, so I was very happy when I read that Astroneer was going to be shipped in February this year full release. I've been enjoying the game overall but now I'm pretty annoyed with the bugs, some of which have been in the game for years. As a result, I'm feeling cheated: like this game was rushed out unfinished like so many Early Access games.

Vehicles stuck on the ground: I get into my vehicle which is powered and on a flat surface but can't move it unless I dig a big hole under it. This bug has been in the game since at least 2016 since I've seen a post from December 2016 on steam complaining about it. Rather a big bug, wouldn't you say? https://steamcommunity.com/app/361420/discussions/1/152393186491940064/

When leaving a vehicle, being teleported into the air then falling to the ground and dying or getting badly hurt.

Glitching through terrain

That's off the top of my head. Seriously, why haven't these issues been fixed?

All we get @Destyre is just like @TheBlackDeveloper tells us. More "just you wait". More "one day". And you guessed it, a dash of "oh boy just you wait one of these days!". Not by SES staff mind you, just fan bois. Fan bois with no facts, just a lot of hopes and wishes and dreams and unfounded confidence. 
We were told T2 was the magic bullet. I'm with you, I ain't be seein a whole lotta magic in the form of fixes that's fer sure. 
I see more and more things added to the game, the game that has a multitude of bugs, however as you mentioned the same bugs that have been from day one are still here. 

For those of us that want to play the game, today, why just why, in an exploration game, is providing the paying customer with 100% WAD driving vehicles so out of reach for us, the paying customer? Why? Why after all these years/months why are we still having transportation issues? Is it not a game of exploration? How can working vehicles not be the highest priority? I buy a game that touts exploration however since my purchase back in December 2016, the only 100% reliable mode of transportation on/in planets is by foot. How can this not be driving someone anyone at SES as bazerk as it does me and others? I just want to drive like I do and have done in dozens upon dozens upon dozens upon dozens of other games. Why won't you let me drive like a normal person SES WHY????????? 
While I'm ranting...........for the love of God, if you (SES) can't, just simply can't fix the issues with vehicles can you have the decency to save our collective sanity and remove them and replace them with something that actually works? Please show some compassion and give us something, anything that works 100%, please. 

@Destyre If you want SES attention you need to go to the discord or the twitch or any other platform but here. They don't come here, they don't respond here, they don't leak info here. To them much like the vehicles are to us....................disappear

Edited by The Touch of Grey Gamer

The thing is you expect this crap out of early access.

Then they released the game

....But this is not a released game. They can call it "released" but this is still early access quality. There's lots of good ideas in this update, but it is 90% not ready for release. What they SHOULD have done is have a release candidate (anyone remember those?) where you take your software, and you FREEZE IT - NO NEW FEATURES. Just give it to everyone for 2-4 weeks to find bugs. do NOTHING but bug fixes. THEN you release the RC

But they didn't do that. They are a relatively new company and FFS companies these days know nothing about QA. They added features and major changes right before a release, and now they're going to have to deal with the shitstorm of people complaining about it.

I look forward to the REAL official release, in what - late march? That's probably how long astroneer will take for this update to become release quality

I have to agree with this. Compare this to say, Subnautica. In early release, it was buggy and a lot of changes were made during that time. By the time they released it, the serious bugs were all fixed, and it was a game that someone could play out of the box, who had never tried the early access version. Physics and terrain problems are basic, fundamental and unacceptable problems in a game that is touted as 'finished'.  Getting killed by getting catapulted 10,000 feet into the air just walking around, and losing all your items because you were inside a cave at the time is ridiculous when it has been reported over and over for at least a year. Having vehicles sink into the ground when you stop for no reason and having to dig them out is also completely unacceptable when it's been reported over and over. These are significant, game breaking bugs. I wouldn't complain if it was still being tested, but this was supposedly 'released'.  

There are probably still new major features coming too. The developers claimed there was going to be a campaign. Personally, I don't object to not having one myself - though I wouldn't mind having a way to sell things to the space station for credits, and maybe being able to buy things like real doors, windows and furniture. It would be nice to be able make yourself a better shelter then the base station. Perhaps that could be a DLC. I would much prefer they actually fix these ridiculous physics issues and bugs over *any* new features right now. 

the only issues i have are some of the huge bugs in multiplayer that still havent been fixed, it just seems like they never really played the game, not in multiplayer. i crashed/died 3 times in 2 hrs playing in multiplayer by just trying to enter a vehicle and it launches me in a weird spasm into the space station and have to close game and reconnect which kills character. so it just begs me to belive that what ever version of game they are playing or how they play if its a developmental build in special lans, that they dont really play real multiplayer cuz the huge bugs would of been fixed for 1.0. and dont get me wrong i love the game, i dont even regret buying early access, i understand the risk, i just want them to fix stuff before adding new features.