Scaramanga

Surface of Sylva - Forrest Biome, Giant Open Pits

Is this a feature of terrain 2.0 or my particular save or is it a bug for me to find 100m deep huge pits everywhere on the surface of Sylva?  Can't drive 50m without falling in to one 100m deep.  They are sculpted, perfectly geometric with vertical walls.  They look like leftover rock quarries.  They're everywhere, what gives?

So btw, Steam 1.0.4

Ryzen 5 2600

RTX 2070

16 GB DDR4

After doing some exploring found that these big open pits were only around my initial spawn point / habitat.  Time to move!  I'll try another new game to see if they happen again?  Thanks for all the replies?

Pictures attached.

ASTRONEER Screenshot 2019.02.10 - 10.31.17.85.png

ASTRONEER Screenshot 2019.02.10 - 10.31.26.68.png

Thanks for having  a look, didn't want to trash my game if it was designed to be that way.  I don't have any idea if the biome designer from System Era has even seen these deformations, but they take away from the uninhabited nature of the game, they look like leftover mining pits, and they're dammed difficult to drive around.

1.0 on Xbox One, I keep finding tiny/thin crevasses that are just big enough to eat my buggy and they're everywhere and darn near impossible to see them before I plunge into them. 

Edited by Aaron_Brimfrost