MatteiusPrime

1.0.4.0 - Steam - Win 10 x64 - Vehicles "Won't Start"

This has happened with both vehicle types I currently have; primarily noticed with the Tractor, but happened once with Buggy too. 

I will get out of the vehicle, generally to grab resources, get back in it, and it won't move. This will happen on any terrain, even perfectly flat ground. Sometimes, after several minutes I can get in again and drive, often it will not work again until I reload the save. The vehicles have power (generally carrying batteries and wind/solar), and will happen whether or not tractor has trailers. This happens... frequently. I would guess 1/7 times I get in.

Edited by MatteiusPrime

I don't see an edit option. 

This is confirmed to affect medium rover as well (as frequently).

I have however discovered that walking away (a hundred meters or so) seems to fix it.

Windows 10 PC/Steam Keyboard and mouse.

This also happens to me quite frequently as well.  Also, if you get into one of these glitched vehicles on a slope, they start to slide uncontrollably.  Just lost two tractors, two trailers, Three RTG's and a diamond drill on Calidor thanks to this.

Walking away and returning works sometimes. exiting and relaunching the game works sometimes. disconnecting trailer links and reconnecting works sometimes.

Game is extremely frustrating due to this bug.  I'll come back after the next update.

it's a well-known issue. Devs have said they're working on a fix possibly for this week (according to the Discord).

The bug does indeed affect all land-based vehicles. It does not appear to be specific to any one terrain type or planet.

Fixes others have reported;

- getting in and out of the vehicle until it moves (some say wait several seconds before trying to move the vehicle after entering)

- disconnecting and reconnecting cables if using a rover/tractor train

- moving the seat toward the back of the train if using rovers

- exiting to the menu and reloading your save file

If using a rover train of 3 or 4 vehicles try always parking the front rover close to the back rover (as if trying to form a circle). A few have reported that works, possibly due to the distance between the front and back units.

Edited by Goober

Thanks for the info!

Sadly I tried to search for this before submitting, and only found really weird issues I luckily was not having. My ability to find what I was looking for with the search left something to be desired it seems.