Polskifan112

Excavation tool bug

So basically, whenever I mine with the tool it visually bounces me up and down slightly thus causing my mining to be slower, I have made several saves and it happens on every one of them, when I asked a friend whether he could see me bouncing he said he can. I can also see the mining circle pop in and out of existance.

This really deserves a lot of attention - if you have this issue please comment. Discord has seen a lot of this but it seems under-represented on the forum. 

Please include specs and if you're playing multi or single player. 

I am not having this issue myself, but I can verify that there are many people on the Steam forums that have this problem as well, and I have seen videos of it in action. I have been trying to help them figure it out, but so far we haven't found any sort of pattern that could indicate why this happens consistently to some people and not at all to others. But yes, this is a major issue, it makes the game unplayable and it is effecting quite a lot of players... Please make this a priority, devs! Look in the steam forums, there is a 5 page topic about it now, and the new patch did not address it at all. I have been tweeting to the Astroneer twitter about it but got no answers, so it is getting to be a little frustrating trying to find a solution when we don't have any way of getting more information about it.

I also have this problem, the character begins to jump in place and slides off the slope when he extracts raw materials.

On 2/9/2019 at 1:51 PM, Polskifan112 said:

So basically, whenever I mine with the tool it visually bounces me up and down slightly thus causing my mining to be slower, I have made several saves and it happens on every one of them, when I asked a friend whether he could see me bouncing he said he can. I can also see the mining circle pop in and out of existance.

Do you have the same problem as me?

Same issue here. Can only speak of Slyvan...Have not been able to get off world yet.  

AMD FX4300 (x4) @ 3.8GHz

8GB RAM

Radeon R7 200

w/ 2GB GDDR5

Win 10x64

Singleplayer

we need to solve this issıe. Devolopers İf you need more information  pls contact us.Or if have you a solution pls inform us. This is very anoying.

same problem.

steam

1.x all versions

my computer is ok also it was open game smoothely when in beta and i dont have problem with it. now playing gives me pain.

Same issue.
First time playing on 1.0 and was fine before that. 
Game runs completely smooth otherwise. Although, I'm only about an hour into it.
It's not game-breaking so far, at least for me. But quite frustrating to deal with!

HALP!
TYTY

Wow, happy to find the right tread to match my bug

Have all the same issue - all is good with flattening-growing the earth up, the game runs smooth and good

BUT when i start digging the ground down, the target image starts to jumping up and down. I tried to optimize graphics (i have 100fps in ultra, but why not) and had just much much faster popping. + yesterday i've found my notebook leaks energy MADLY with that bug, full battery in 2 minutes and i could play for an hour+ before release.

Seems like this bug affects on memory leak and starts to overload the power system of my notebook, which i believe is kinda good for such a game...

The WORST of all is that it starts just after 1.0 release, and i'm playing astroneer right from the start! So i've been waiting 1+ year just to see the very bad BUG, so sad(((

My notebook (mi notebook 15,6):

Core i5 8250U 1.6 ГГц (3,6 Tboost)

NVIDIA Geforce MX150 (2 Gb, GDDR5)

8 GB ddr4 2400 Gz

SSD

P.S if i will be a tester of this game i would make this bug CRITICAL severity and IMMEDIATE priority since it affects so many players who just CAN NOT play the game...  
Edited by inlinguaveritas

I have the same issue, only it is alot more pronounced than that of the video example (with me visually clipping though the gound I am stood on).

Seems to be linked to the CPU people may be playing on an how fast it can recalculate your new terrain. Until then, it pauses modification resulting in stuttery digging.

This also causes the Quick Sand effect on the slower of PCs (or PC's running other workloads reducing CPU available overall). Fallen though the floor so many times when digging close to my feet. Dig further out and you will be fine it seems as it maybe isnt having to calculate collision as often. (although I think this also causes collision to sometime never be added and you walk right through the floor).

I have the same issue butt i have the win10/xbox version and steam version and this bug is only present in the steam version.

P.S i have the win10 version installed and played it on the same pc that the steam version is installed on.

Edited by jason allan sander

I also have this issue. Just installed the latest driver, didn't resolve the issue. Below are my system specs, I don't have another computer to try it on. I also want to add that the game doesn't stutter, just the animation and actual tool/modification process stutters.

System:

Mouse/Keyboard, Steam,

Core i7 5500U @ 2.4 GHz CPU,

Nvidia 930m GPU with 2 GB video memory,

12 GB system memory.

Also it looks like there is another post on this too:

One mistake from the head, now a small optimization came in handy because my computer uses 97% of the memory in the game itself (max. 8 Gb), please help?

Platform Steam

Operating System
    Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit SP1
CPU
    Intel Core i3 3240 @ 3.40GHz
    Ivy Bridge 22nm Technology
RAM
    8.00GB Dual-Channel DDR3 
Motherboard
    Gigabyte Technology Co. Ltd. H77-DS3H (Intel Core i3-3240 CPU @ 3.40GHz)
Graphics
    1023MB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 650 Ti BOOST (EVGA)

Forgive me, but the picture is in Polish

101103482_DesktopScreenshot2019_02.22-00_57_47_100.thumb.png.f183a4c0ae2ca143cb821609d50985c2.png