CallMeMark

Ultrawide support...

So I've followed a few guides which guide me through editting the engine.ini and gameusersettings.ini or something like that, which got ASTRONEER fitting my whole screen, but the game seems to consider the UI elements like I'm supposed to have it in 4k and not ultrawide. What I mean is it looks kinda squished on the vertical FOV and it messes with my head. Also, the byte computer does this weird thing, and the backpack(s) to a lesser degree.

BYTECOMP.thumb.png.be04763099cb9c7b37a4695d7a26eaec.png

UIISSUES.thumb.png.8771d76269311d59a7a1e0994912410a.png

Any help is much appreciated

Before release you could add the below to your Engine.ini file and have it at least be playable (if not a little zoomed out), but it appears they've removed the workaround.   Hopefully they will allow this setting again or better yet a real FoV slider like many AAA games have.  

[/script/engine.localplayer]
AspectRatioAxisConstraint=AspectRatio_MaintainYFOV

I have an ultrawide and run the game at 3440x1440 resolution.  I haven't had any issues or needed to configure the game for my monitor.  It all works perfectly.

18 hours ago, probro said:

Before release you could add the below to your Engine.ini file and have it at least be playable (if not a little zoomed out), but it appears they've removed the workaround.   Hopefully they will allow this setting again or better yet a real FoV slider like many AAA games have.  

[/script/engine.localplayer]
AspectRatioAxisConstraint=AspectRatio_MaintainYFOV

I already did this, sadly. I had it looking good on previous versions, but yeah, it looks like they broke the workaround

1 hour ago, LowJacK604 said:

I have an ultrawide and run the game at 3440x1440 resolution.  I haven't had any issues or needed to configure the game for my monitor.  It all works perfectly.

This isnt really helpful... good for you I guess?

I'm in 3840 by 1080

At 21:9 aspect like LowJacK604 and my other setup, the game is playable but very zoomed in compared to 16:9 (likely doesn't know what he is missing).   At higher aspect ratios the game becomes more and more unplayable. SES, please give us a real FoV Slider, or at least make the workaround work again!   

27 minutes ago, probro said:

At 21:9 aspect like LowJacK604 and my other setup, the game is playable but very zoomed in compared to 16:9 (likely doesn't know what he is missing).   At higher aspect ratios the game becomes more and more unplayable. SES, please give us a real FoV Slider, or at least make the workaround work again!   

Thanks, hopefully this post gets noticed by someone!

I think that it would be nice if they were 'eyefinity' aware, just allowing us to set a max zoom distance for PC users should be too difficult. We just slide it out a bit to accommodate the screen elements.