BassAddict

Terrain Bugs on Multiplayer 1.0.3.0

Summary:
Terrain not appearing; Not able to change/dig terrain.

Description: 
While in a multiplayer game (I joined in on a friend), I started to experience some terrain bugs. These persisted into the next day that I joined the server. Youtube video linked for the bug. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=66MCdf5AvsE

As I am writing this, I see that Astroneer has updated on Steam to 1.0.4.0. If problems persist, I will update on this thread.

Platform:
Steam 

Version / Build Number: 

Specifications:

• OS: Windows 10 Home 64-bit Version 1803 build 17134.523
  • CPU: Intel Core i5 4570 @ 3.20GHz
  • GPU: 4095MB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960 (EVGA)
  • RAM:  16.0GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 1600MHz
  • Drive:  931GB Western Digital WDC WD1002FAEX-00Z3A0 (SATA)

Cheers and best of luck Astroneers!

Similar problems.

Player 1 hosts, I am player 2. After an indeterminate time, the plates of the world start misaligning by half a centimetre, allowing me to see into the core of the planet.

Sometimes I can "fix" it by digging over it. On one occasion I was driving a tractor and two trailers and the world opened up and swallowed me whole. Left everything deep within the earth.

On one occasion i dropped half a body length into the ground but jumped up and out in time.

On one occasion I drove a buggy, it started to sink, so I jumped out of the buggy. Player 1 had to dig it out of the ground

Player 3 also had similar issues where he could see into the core of the world.

On day 2, he ran around to check some of these occurrences, most were gone, but one still existed and I could also see it, while player 1 could not. I jumped through that hole into the cave below. (I managed to return alive.)

On day 3, I hosted instead, so that player 1 could have some of these troubles instead of me. :) (and he did)