SES_joe

Patch 1.0.4 - February 9, 2019

patchnotes104.png

This is a patch that includes a handful of fixes to improve overall stability before the weekend.

• [AS-6140] - Fixed an issue that would cause game audio to play through Oculus Tray Tool if it was running rather than speakers or headphones. 
  • [AS-6138] - Reduced the number of times the game pings our backend service with Achievement progress. This is a speculative fix to the ongoing issue of Retro Suits not appearing for some Early Access / Game Preview players, which is caused by a failure of the service to properly retrieve your account inventory. 
  • Made some targeted performance optimizations in the Terrain and Multiplayer systems.  
  • [AS-6131] - Put guards around the most commonly occuring low-level crash, improving overall stability of the game. 
  • Fixed a crash that would happen if speedy players attempted to open the catalog before their Astroneer had fully spawned in the world. 
  • Fixed a rare, but annoying crash that would occur if a player deformed terrain then quickly exited the game, preventing the game from saving their terrain changes properly. 

We also deployed version 1.0.3 to Xbox and Windows 10. Users should see performance improvements across the board, as well as fixes that were supposed to be in the game on day one. Now that this build has passed certification, we have been approved for the bypass group on Xbox which will allow us to deploy builds much faster. We thank you for your patience! We will be working to bring the Steam and Xbox versions of the builds in parity ASAP.

KNOWN ISSUES

• Client desync and performance drops on all platforms. We are working hard to address this issue, it is at the top of our list with all of the other optimization we are currently doing.
  • Exiting Tractors will sometimes cause clients to catapult into space and subsequently suffocate.
  • Vehicles will sometimes not respond to input, causing repeated enters and exits before resuming normal operation
  • Some modified terrain nodes will sometimes lose collision, causing players to quicksand into them. 
  • Retro suit will sometimes be unselectable for some players. 
  • Not being able to download the game via the Windows 10 store. (we require the latest version of Windows 10 from October, so download that first and then you should be able to purchase the game
  • Crashing on loading before the start menu
  • No QOL for accessibility. We are working through a potential timeline to add QOL features for accessibility like colorblindness, mouse acceleration, and rebinding of all keys. We will release that timeline as soon as we are complete! 

We are working furiously to get through these and many more issues! Please keep the bug reports coming in so we can continue to prioritize. Thanks!

> [AS-6131] - Put guards around the most commonly occurring low-level crash, improving overall stability of the game. 

Doing a clean reinstall now, fingers crossed.

2 hours ago, SES_joe said:

We are working furiously to get through these and many more issues! Please keep the bug reports coming in so we can continue to prioritize. Thanks!

Glad to hear!

Do these fixes require a new save, or will they work fully on existing 1.0.3 saves?

12 minutes ago, Hermann said:

Do these fixes require a new save, or will they work fully on existing 1.0.3 saves?

Ongoing improvements should no longer require new saves due to the new terrain system. 

Xbox feedback has been overwhelmingly positive. It fixed my game right up! Keep those patches coming SES! 

I noticed significant performance improvement on a XB1X over a multi-hour, multiplayer play session last night after the 1.0.3 update!

There was still some lag when placing/picking up tethers, but overall it was a big improvement! Lag/FPS was fixed around our base (except when picking up/placing tethers). 

1 hour ago, Blind Io said:

Xbox feedback has been overwhelmingly positive. It fixed my game right up! Keep those patches coming SES! 

positive!! i play on 1.04, its better than de 1.0 but the FPS is not playable... i play on xbox one (classic....not X).

can't play...now i need wait for a better version. i hope

Playing on Xbox One classic and the new 1.0.3.0 patch has made single player so much better, lag is barely noticeable, been off and on planet several times and still played good.  Multiplayer though is still laggy, not as much, but really needs looking at.  Other than that I am turbo happy with the release, absolutely love it, keep it up guys :)

After the latest update om xbox one, the frame drops is still not stabilizing. if you have too much resources in One Place or Too Much stuff in your base. The game still drops under 15 to 10fps.

Very happy to see you fixed the audio for European users with a comma decimal separator. The *.ini file still uses a decimal point, but somehow it works now. 😉

The game itself runs fine and I love all additional crafting options in there these days. I run a single player game and I haven't left the start planet yet, but so far the play experience is very good. The only thing was a non responsive tractor a few times, but I noticed that has been reported yet.

All in all, good work guys. 😎

The last patch seems to have introduced some bugs for me, namely rovers welding themselves to the floor, and having to enter twice to get controls to respond.

I’m just wondering when 1.0.4 will be available for Xbox???? I’m on Xbox one x and me and my buds are trying to play multiplayer and it just keeps locking up and crashing after about 7-10 minutes.

16 hours ago, mud pie said:

After the latest update om xbox one, the frame drops is still not stabilizing. if you have too much resources in One Place or Too Much stuff in your base. The game still drops under 15 to 10fps.

This. I tried playing on my X and the frame rate is unplayable in a lot of instances, especially down in caves.

I switched over the Windows 10 version and my relatively high end gaming PC struggles to run this at 4k so no wonder the Xbox is struggling.

8 hours ago, Ephraim Stone said:

The last patch seems to have introduced some bugs for me, namely rovers welding themselves to the floor, and having to enter twice to get controls to respond.

I've been getting the vehicles not responding too, but this is listed as a known issue.

The other thing I'm getting is that when I get out of a vehicle on any sort of incline, the vehicle just slides down until it hits something or reaches a flat surface. I spent about 2 hours over the weekend trying to recover my tractor and trailer train on several occasions because of this. In the end I just to abandon 1 of the trailers, it just impossible to recover. I haven't seen too much mention of this, anyone else getting it?

Stuck in the tutorial  (even though I've played the game before, I haven't be in it in months, and numerous updates, so I figured a tutorial was in order).

Obtain a Fuel Thruster > Smelt the Laterite to Aluminum

I plugged in the smelter, but in a different port from the one the tutorial was insisting (I didn't see the prompt).  It was running, so I put the laterite on it, and it started smelting.  Kept saying "plug it in"

I unplugged it, moved it over, and plugged it into the indicated connector, it resumed smelting.  Prompt said to add laterite when there was already some on it.  Tried removing all of them (letting one piece finish smelting then removing the aluminum) then adding laterite to an empty smelter.

It is now stuck on that step and it won't let me proceed past it.

[AS-6131] - Put guards around the most commonly occurring low-level crash, improving overall stability of the game. 

Hope that isn't just:

try
{
	// Code that might fail
}
catch
{
	// Pretend it didnt happen.
}

:P that's what some of the devs at my place call a "fix".

I'm playing on windows 10 with a good pc I've only had a few issues with lag just one time where it was unplayable but fixed itself after a re log, MP tho is just un-playable on my game I've only got 2 planets with tethers to the core so I'm not sure why it lags so much but i do hope it gets fixed so i can actually play with friends with more than 5 fps ^.^