Samurai Jack

Stuck Rover Trains

This is an issue that's slowly grinding me down from "zomg I'm addicted!" to "I don't wanna play anymore." Trains of three or more rovers get stuck constantly for me, and this is just in single player.

Almost every time I stop a train of rovers and get out, the rover at the rear becomes stuck in place until an an external force moves it again. Usually backing the other two rovers into it until it's nudged will free it. Getting out and digging slightly under it has a 50/50 chance of working, because getting back in the driver's seat can cause the bug to happen again immediately.

If this happens to you in the forest, god help you, because that may have just become the permanent resting place of those rovers!

Is this happening to anyone else and if so can anyone recommend a more reliable fix/workaround?

Either there's no edit button or I'm too blind to find it, but this can happen with just two rovers as well, it's just very rare. three or more and it happens almost every time.

Just learned that alt-tabbing out of the game while in a rover can cause this to happen too. By the way why does the edit button disappear after like 10 minutes? I'm not trying to bump my own post, I just can't edit it anymore.

I found this happened to me a lot too.

I also tried digging around and found that didn't work reliably.
However, I seem to have more success by disconnecting and reconnecting the power cable.
I'll keep checking to see if there is a pattern to this. 

I've noticed I can get this to occur with a two car train more often by alt-tabbing out of the game. It only happens with large and medium rovers and combinations of them, It's never happened using the tractor and trailers.

Just pitching in to say I have the same issue.  Tractor is fine, but large rover of 3 is constantly getting stuck nearly every time I get in.  I gave up and repackaged the whole thing until the bug is fixed.

I am also experiencing the stuck large rover trains. The third and fourth generally get stuck to the ground.

Same thing happening to me too, I was happy to set up my 3 large rover train connected all 3, drove a little, stopped, left the seat, entered back aaaaand nothing. I can clearly see the first and second rover moving but the third one is practically glued to the ground.I was really enjoying the game but now I can't even move away from my base.

This is happening to me to, I got 4 large rovers and only two work ok. Two sometimes don't work, it's extremely frustrating as I like using 4 rovers for everything.

Still can't edit my own messages but just to bring this up to spec, this has occurred in both 1.0.3 and 1.0.4, steam version, windows 10 build 1803. (I thought I was on 1809 and I'm gonna see if by some miracle updating helps this.)

I am getting this too. If I shorten my tractor or medium rover to 2 or less connected they work fine. 3 or more I seem to get stuck every time I get out of the vehicle. It is maddening. Definitely will curtail any shredder activity I want to do later and really any other exploration of the planet. It's a real waste of time and pita. 

yup also getting this issue. getting it on my tractor, medium and large rover with 3 or more cars

the worst is the large rover for me, literally everytime i stop with it the rear car locks its brakes or something. then i have to mess around disconnecting the cables or forcing it to move by reversing if i have the room. noticed if i dig, flatten or add terrain anywhere near the vehicles with 3 or more cars just locks the whole thing up. when this happens i have to disconnect all the cars, move the main rover, get out, connect the 2nd car, move, connect the 3rd etc... so i strictly dont mess with terrain near my road trains.

would like this annoying locking of the rear car when in road trains, everytime you stop.

its an annoying issue and getting worse as i rely more and more on the large rover trains.

I've had a further play around with this, unfortunately nothing I've tried will reliably reset a non-responsive vehicle (Tractor train in my case)

The only guaranteed reset is to quit out and reload the save - that ALWAYS works.
What I have noticed though, is it is location specific. All planets I've tried have these sort of 'dead zones', and they also have safe zones where you never have problems.

As @Samurai Jack says, the fault occurs in 1.0.3 and 1.0.4

Edited by Rucky

This bug has been around FOREVER. It has been in every update of the game. It has been complained about FOREVER. It has to this date not been fixed.
I never use vehicles. They just are not worth the hassle. They may work for a while then they go to pot. Flying into space, falling through the ground etc. they are just not worth the hassle until and if SES can ever get a fix for it.

(I'm on Patch 1.04)

I've had multiple vehicles lost due to "Quick Sand" effect. If you dig anywhere within several paces of your vehicle, it starts to sink. Digging it out is almost impossible because it will just sink further until it disappears. IT did this with both the Tractor and the Buggy. I'm sick of loosing equipment.

I have also this bug. I tested in Tractor with 3 trailers and 4 Large Rovers. After leave seat and again enter, vehicle is blocked in ground. Detaching and attaching sometimes helps but not always. I also tried dig ground from under wheels but this also not always helps. When I stop, I have to sacrifice about 2-5 minutes  to be able to go again. It's tiring when I scraping debris and I have to leave rover every 30 seconds.
I tested on versions 1.0.3.0 and 1.0.4.0.

its occuring more and more for me, the longer i play the more i am hit with the effects, it now also happens, although thankfully not as often and 3-4 land trains, to my 2 car trains.

however i noticed a post on steam, and one person mentioned he thinks its a bug with absolute steering.

i have restarted yet again as tired of the bugs. but i have just got my 3 car tractor train and literally second time i enter the whole thing is locked up, not moving, wheels glued to the floor.

i went into options and turned of keyboard absolute steering, exited the options screen and suddenly tractor is moving without issue, except its now horrible to drive.
i need to progress and get a 3 car large rover train and test with thet. as at the minute a large rover train is just not possible if you want to stop and get out.

[1.0.4 Steam]

I had this issue with all vehicles, and it apears that the more carts is connected more it happens.

On Alpha versions used to happen rerely, but easely debugged with a click dig under it. Now this solution makes no difference.

Sometimes the vehicles doesn't move, sometimes the back trailers move uncontrolably, and sometimes doesn't move nor charge, all when getting in the vehicle.

Also, it's realy anoying that the drill doesn't destroy trees! And rocks should explode too, not fade in 3-5 seconds.

just update, as i can't seem to edit my previous post.

the toggling of keyboard absolute steering works most of the time on the tractor, doesn't effect at all the medium or large rover trains.

so yeah still at a complete loss.

although i have now learned that you should never ever, save a reload when sat in a stuck tractor or rover. as when it fades to black loading screen, it literally hard crashes and forces my pc to restart. happened 3 times in a row before i decided never to do that again.

More info:

Was playing coop this time, my buggy got "stuck" and no matter what I did it wouldn't move.  My friend got in and immediate it drove.  He got out, and I got back in but I couldn't drive it still... something to do with the client/player specifically?

I took his buggy just fine and after coming back I could drive my original buggy again no problem. 

Steam update news 

KNOWN ISSUES:
Vehicles will sometimes not respond to input, causing repeated enters and exits before resuming normal operation (Update: turns out this might happen when other inputs are held while entering. Should be fixed in next week's patch)

I guess this might be updated next week, sadly I will have to w8 for that update to play again since I'm stuck on the other side of the planet with 3 large rovers.

Edited by Patchi_