1.0.3.0 - Steam - Cannot tether to vehicle with oxygenator

Trylobot

When placing tethers, the preview indicates I can attach the tether to the vehicle, but it doesn't form said connection when placed. I tried adding an oxygenator to the vehicle, no change.

• 2 weeks later...

+1 on that. Yeah that's bad I agree. An oxygenator on any platform, even in the large shuttle : CAN tether oxygen.

A Rover can power a whole base, it definitely feels like a base on wheels and you'd sure expect tethers to work if an Oxygenator was placed on it. But it does not. It feels very wrong I agree.

Edited by hansolocambo

Solution that also helps with the fact that a too long network of tethers from the one oxygenator from your main base makes the game lag :

Travel randomly far from your base with an oxygenator on the Rover. When you decide to stop somewhere and dig : set a new tiny base (package all you need on the Rover). A Medium platform B, a Medium Wind Turbine, a Medium Battery, a Beacon + the Oxygenator. And you're good to go from any position on a Planet.

Usually I set a green Beacon on the Main Base. And other color(s) for the other temporary bases just meant for exploration.

Edited by hansolocambo