superspoot

1.0.3 - Steam - Glitched out of the atmosphere

Summary:

For no reason, I was launched into space, well outside the moon's atmosphere I was on, and had to wait until I suffocated

Description: 

Ok, so I have been playing Astroneer while it was in early access for probably over a year now and have gotten accustomed to some of the more common glitches like slipping though null pixel voids in the map, getting randomly launched out of a cave into the atmosphere and getting my vehicles stuck in the terrain. 

Most of these I just took in stride and told myself it was because it was still in early access and being developed. 

Now that the 1.0 patch has come out, I have reached a new level of frustration with the glitches. 

I've only been playing for about 30 hours on the new patch and already been launched into the atmosphere about 40-50 times and after I come crashing down, have to find where on the planet my body landed to retrieve my gear.

This seems like it is happening more than it was in the beta version for some reason.

Also, I just experienced a new level of this glitch.

I was walking on flat ground without anything around me to explain what happened next.

All of a sudden, I'm in space. Not just in the atmosphere falling and cursing my impending impact, but fully outside the atmosphere and floating perpetually until I ran out of oxygen.

Luckily, I didn't have anything too valuable on me so I just had to wait until I suffocated and respawned but considering the frequency and severity of this issue, I figured it warranted a report.

Here is a screenshot I grabbed right after it put me in space, just so no one doubts the veracity of the issue.

Platform: 

Steam

Specifications:

• CPU: Intel i7 2600K 3.40GHz
  • GPU: AMD Radeon R9 200 / HD 7900 Series 3072 MB
  • RAM: 16.0 GB Kingston HyperX DDR3 1600 MHz 
  • Drive: Seagate FireCuda 2TB

Glitched-in-space.png

Happening to me too with quite a bit of frequency, especially on Novus. I haven't died from it yet, but I figure it's only a matter of time... Makes me nervous going to places with really irregular terrain like Novus.... or pretty much any planet. It hasn't happened to me on the Terran planet yet, but I've seen other people that have said it has happened to them there...