StubbornDonkey

Removing modules from platforms

Instead of being able to take modules (ex. the research station) off of platforms to move them, I think it should require you to pack them back up first then unpack. It means yes you spend the extra time and resource, but it stops you from accidentally grabbing them off the platform, and offers a little bit of consequence. If you don't try to plan base building ahead then you have to spend the time and resources to remodel. 

I was thinking about this too. Another idea I had was to give players an option to lock/unlock a module or an item in place so you won't accidentally remove them. 

I think the locking in place is best idea, I’m always accidentally removing something from modules when I’m trying to be quick, upsets the flow. An option to lock a storage module in place sounds excellent. 

I like the idea that connecting the power keeps it connected, but what happens if you're just trying to reposition things? You could be back to juggling just because you want to move whole platforms.

7 hours ago, Rebelord said:

I think this is a better solution 

This is a better solution than repacking, especially if you only want to move a module from one platform to another. Spending resources just to move things around? Hmmm... too much.

4 hours ago, StubbornDonkey said:

I like the idea that connecting the power keeps it connected, but what happens if you're just trying to reposition things? You could be back to juggling just because you want to move whole platforms.

if you just want to reposition things, thats less of an issue. its much easier to target the large platform, and its a very temporary thing. Adding and moving resources is something we do all the time.