New Character screen 1.0 - Astroneer not visible?

Are we not meant to see our character any more in the Main Menu and New Game screens?

How are we meant to know what each of the suits and colour palettes look like? Am I missing something or have I encountered a bug?

image.thumb.png.9695a8b8ac1237d93890f15efd02d017.png

Just now, epicdude312 said:

This isn't a bug. Bear in mind that you can always change your suit and palette from the menu when in a world by pressing Escape!

Interesting. Thanks for that, I haven't started a new game to check that yet.

Still, I don't see why they'd give you the option to customise your character at the beginning but stop you from seeing it.

Completely agree with you here. It would be nice to have the game zoom into your pod on the new game screen or something, similarly to how things worked in early access.

I think it would be cool just to see your little astroneer right next to the menu while your in space so you can preview the color, emotes and suits 

(i also wanna do the lunar shuffle with the moon in the background)

47 minutes ago, Rebelord said:

I think it would be cool just to see your little astroneer right next to the menu while your in space so you can preview the color, emotes and suits 

+1

2 hours ago, Rebelord said:

+1