Samurai Jack

Beacons should always be visible!

One would assume beacons are radio signals, clouds and trees should not obscure them. Mountains and the curvature of the planet, well, yeah you could argue that, but getting lost is ridiculously easy. The compass is almost useless because the planets are so small. Turn slightly to the left and you could miss your destination by miles!

Edited by Samurai Jack

This might not be what you are looking for but.. Did you try the new experimental clouds? On starting planet(if not other planets to?) this helps a great deal as the higher cloud layer doesnt block line of sight to the beacons. Looks nice in my opinion but comes with a performance hit.

1 hour ago, Hermann said:

This might not be what you are looking for but.. Did you try the new experimental clouds? On starting planet(if not other planets to?) this helps a great deal as the higher cloud layer doesnt block line of sight to the beacons. Looks nice in my opinion but comes with a performance hit.

This has pros and cons. The clouds are way prettier (and my system can handle them fine) and beacons are easier to see, but it obscures the star field which is my only truly reliable way to find my way back to base. I didn't know about experimental clouds before though so thanks for the suggestion!

May i suggest using the big purples 

they are a great source of navigation and you should almost always be able to see your beacons from at least one big purple