Neil

Extenders not working. Pls help

THANK YOU. I thought I was the only one having this issue. I was here to report this bug but apparently I am not the only one. I also have extenders that will not work. I guess I will have to find an alternative way to power my base in certain locations until this bug is fixed. 

I am on the PC Steam version. 

BTW, anyone else having trouble finding copper? I have been playing for 3 days now and have found exactly 0 copper. I haven't even been able to find any in the crashed  ships I come across. I am also having trouble finding decent deposits of aluminium. I have literally TONS of compound, resin and zinc deposits and a smidgen of clay. Other than that I can't find any other resources.  

extenders.jpg

You "Can" still use extenders. its just a lot more finicky. Easiest way I know in current version is to place the extender bundle in one of your backpack aux slots and deploy using C or V binding. Grab the power cable you want to extend, drag it to desired position, hit V ( or C depending on slot). Done. Workable, if you know how. If it turns out to be an intended change, I'm thinking it should have been communicated better, as the "old" way of using extenders was very straight forward and people have gotten used to it.

The less easy way is to mouseover the extender bundle in backpack or on the ground and hit F(i think this is the default binding, i changed mine), to take out a single extender. Very slow and tedious..

On the plus side, you wont be placing heaps of extenders on top of eachother when you miss a cable plug. 

Edited by Hermann

Ahhhh so that's how it's done now. Ok one pricker solved, thank you. Now I need to find copper. Beginning to think it isn't any on this planet anymore.

To find copper you need to go to a different planet. Once you're in Orbit, just mouse-over over the planets, then they will show you which resources can be found on them.

1 hour ago, Candor said:

Ahhhh so that's how it's done now. Ok one pricker solved, thank you. Now I need to find copper. Beginning to think it isn't any on this planet anymore.

Top of mountains or very deep.

2 hours ago, Candor said:

BTW, anyone else having trouble finding copper? I have been playing for 3 days now and have found exactly 0 copper. I haven't even been able to find any in the crashed  ships I come across. I am also having trouble finding decent deposits of aluminium. I have literally TONS of compound, resin and zinc deposits and a smidgen of clay. Other than that I can't find any other resources.

There are HUGE malachite and laterite deposits if you dig deep on Sylva. Keep going down until you see the mushroom kingdom, you'll hit the deposits for sure while on the way. I have so much laterite and malachite I can give it away and still have plenty. There's some malachite in mountain regions on the surface if you need a quick copper or two, but if you want to hit the jackpot, you need to go deep.

8 minutes ago, Baconschwein said:

To find copper you need to go to a different planet. Once you're in Orbit, just mouse-over over the planets, then they will show you which resources can be found on them.

You don't need to go to another planet for malachite. Plenty on Sylva. Just need to know where to look...

And, no need to be in orbit to know a planet's resources. Just go to the Astropedia in your menu and go to Planets. Every planet will have a list of their resources...

I found copper in the hilly, non-treed areas of Sylva, if that helps.  The area was not quite mountainous.

On 2/8/2019 at 8:03 AM, Hermann said:

You "Can" still use extenders. its just a lot more finicky. Easiest way I know in current version is to place the extender bundle in one of your backpack aux slots and deploy using C or V binding. Grab the power cable you want to extend, drag it to desired position, hit V ( or C depending on slot). Done. Workable, if you know how. If it turns out to be an intended change, I'm thinking it should have been communicated better, as the "old" way of using extenders was very straight forward and people have gotten used to it.

The less easy way is to mouseover the extender bundle in backpack or on the ground and hit F(i think this is the default binding, i changed mine), to take out a single extender. Very slow and tedious..

On the plus side, you wont be placing heaps of extenders on top of eachother when you miss a cable plug. 

Omg I didnt know you could use the aux slots this way, extenders just got a little easier, thank you lol