vvhorus

Choose Initial Landing Spot For New Games

Recommended Posts

The starting planet is the only one in which we can't choose where we land. I think giving us that option when we start new games can be a good thing. The game could transition from the habitat launching animation to orbiting the planet so we can choose a landing location...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looks like there is an option for maybe something like that in the GameUserSettings.ini file:

AllowInitialPlanetSelection=False

Haven't messed with it.  Probably does nothing.   If someone is brave and wants to report back what happens if True... by all means please do. ;) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

+1

Starting on different planets could also be nifty. Especially since they've spread resin and compound throughout.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, probro said:

Looks like there is an option for maybe something like that in the GameUserSettings.ini file:

AllowInitialPlanetSelection=False

Haven't messed with it.  Probably does nothing.   If someone is brave and wants to report back what happens if True... by all means please do. ;) 

That is something else entirely that allow players to start on a different planet (this may have changed but i have seen videos of people starting on a different planet and them saying they screwed with something in the settings)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, syterth said:

+1

Starting on different planets could also be nifty. Especially since they've spread resin and compound throughout.

I doubt they would let us start on other planets, but maybe... 

i looove the original idea, sometimes I have to go through a couple saves (starting one, deleting it, starting one, deleting it) to find one I like. I would enjoy this feature, but a problem could be that people would land as close to the big purps as possible, and it wouldn’t be such a trouble to travel there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, Astrofun said:

I doubt they would let us start on other planets, but maybe... 

i looove the original idea, sometimes I have to go through a couple saves (starting one, deleting it, starting one, deleting it) to find one I like. I would enjoy this feature, but a problem could be that people would land as close to the big purps as possible, and it wouldn’t be such a trouble to travel there.

There are actual vids of people starting on other planets its a real thing if you screw with that setting 

(sadly we cant do this on xbox)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now