vvhorus

Choose Initial Landing Spot For New Games

The starting planet is the only one in which we can't choose where we land. I think giving us that option when we start new games can be a good thing. The game could transition from the habitat launching animation to orbiting the planet so we can choose a landing location...

Looks like there is an option for maybe something like that in the GameUserSettings.ini file:

AllowInitialPlanetSelection=False

Haven't messed with it.  Probably does nothing.   If someone is brave and wants to report back what happens if True... by all means please do. ;) 

+1

Starting on different planets could also be nifty. Especially since they've spread resin and compound throughout.

13 hours ago, probro said:

Looks like there is an option for maybe something like that in the GameUserSettings.ini file:

AllowInitialPlanetSelection=False

Haven't messed with it.  Probably does nothing.   If someone is brave and wants to report back what happens if True... by all means please do. ;) 

That is something else entirely that allow players to start on a different planet (this may have changed but i have seen videos of people starting on a different planet and them saying they screwed with something in the settings)

11 hours ago, syterth said:

+1

Starting on different planets could also be nifty. Especially since they've spread resin and compound throughout.

I doubt they would let us start on other planets, but maybe... 

i looove the original idea, sometimes I have to go through a couple saves (starting one, deleting it, starting one, deleting it) to find one I like. I would enjoy this feature, but a problem could be that people would land as close to the big purps as possible, and it wouldn’t be such a trouble to travel there.

57 minutes ago, Astrofun said:

I doubt they would let us start on other planets, but maybe... 

i looove the original idea, sometimes I have to go through a couple saves (starting one, deleting it, starting one, deleting it) to find one I like. I would enjoy this feature, but a problem could be that people would land as close to the big purps as possible, and it wouldn’t be such a trouble to travel there.

There are actual vids of people starting on other planets its a real thing if you screw with that setting 

(sadly we cant do this on xbox)