Ravenfeller

We do not WANT to Deceive new Players!

1.0 is not a Full release in technical analysis.
Still love the update though. (Amazing additions, and I understand the "Bug/Code" business, don't get me wrong.)

Let us begin with Coder/Developer technical definitions, so none are misled by this common label language:
Beta: Beta phase generally begins when the software is feature complete but likely to contain a number of known or unknown bugs.[4] Software in the beta phase will generally have many more bugs in it than completed software, speed or performance issues, and may still cause crashes or data loss. The focus of beta testing is reducing impacts to users, often incorporating usability testing. The process of delivering a beta version to the users is called beta release and this is typically the first time that the software is available outside of the organization that developed it. Beta version software is often useful for demonstrations and previews within an organization and to prospective customers. Some developers refer to this stage as a preview, preview release, prototype, technical preview / technology preview (TP),[5] or early access.

Astroneer in my opinion, is still deep in Beta zone. On the Edge of Escaping the Dark Forest, but not quite there~
WHY? 

What do I base this on?
- Functionality to a "Regular Gamer"
- Universal definitions used by developers, coders AND gamers (See Beta Definition ABOVE.)
- vehicles still phase through the ground
- Objects still phase through ground or vanish
- Multiplayer is impossible on lag
- Solo game lags hard once the terrain has been altered
- Objects and tools will clip through terrain
- (New issue) Double visioned object ghosts.
                         Seeing duplicates of objects or their name labels, floating in
                    mirror image away from the tagged object. Losing interactions.

- The new "Hold Item" has no release or place function.
- Still have not fixed BEACON visibility from distances

- This in my opinion is the last bag of fixes for this game to be complete. So to a degree, this is pretty darned complete for any game ramping up. But I have to say these have to be fixed so the common player does not encounter these issues, and thus give Astroneer a bad running name as garbage, when it deserves more!

We want new NON Alpha-Beta players to not get the wrong idea, seeing Astroneer tagged a complete game, when it is on the back end of Beta-- so it does not get a bad label and name in the judging gamer community as trash. Save Astroneers good game & Name! UPDATE!

This post is not a BUG report, it is a REQUEST to TAG the game as BETA- so NON BETA players do not come in, and bad mouth the Project. Plain and simple.

(cc: Official Forums, Astroneer Wiki, Message Blog) Please Obi-wan, you're our only Hope!
I hope someone actually reads this and takes it to heart.
You are not the Size company that can handle a ton of negative publicity in the game community.
"Normal Gamers" are judgemental, opinionated & fickle, about the wrong things. Be warned.
Your inviting them to spend their money.

I personally don't see the need/relevance to label the game as beta (never going to happen, to be honest), but I 100% agree with your list of legacy issues that should have not been present at launch, considering that the terrain generation engine is supposed to be new.

Here's a couple more for your list:

1. On multiplayer, some soil placed by host keeps respawning after it was removed by guest.
  2. On multiplayer, terrain disappears randomly for guests as game goes on.

Hope all these issues get fixed in a timely fashion. Dedicated servers can't get here soon enough...

Personally, aside from the bugs and 10-20 fps in two person multiplayer (when on different planets), this game is fine the way it is for 1.0. Bugs do kinda suck, and optimization is lacking, but it will come around in the next patch or two. Here are a few more bugs for this thread:

1. Friends keep on saying that thanks to lag, they can "x-ray" the planet when underground sometimes. The terrain textures disappear and only the object textures remain from what I can tell, though can't say for sure as I haven't seen the issue personally.
  2. Random glitching through walls occurs during multiplayer. Whether it be vehicles or players, it happens. One of my buds managed to find a cave system by getting a running start into a wall, and we lost two tractors at almost the exact same time due to them clipping through walls.
  3. Random glitches in the terrain generation happen, and look entirely out of place, being mostly massive square holes that descend a few tens of meters down.

Desktop_Screenshot_2019_02_07_-_16_07_47_48.thumb.png.7134e1041ea091c033370eb81aa52f0e.png

1 hour ago, War Is Life said:

...10-20 fps in two person multiplayer...

Currently having similar issues, no that severe though. I'm getting 35-55fps on the same world. Single-player is pretty solid at 60fps with vsync ON, 71-75FPS with vsync OFF with drops to 55 at times.

Specs: win10 64bit. i7-4790k@4GHz. 16GB ram. GTX 1080 8GB.