Sign in to follow this  
MattIsTheOne

1.0.1 on XBOX .. update is on the way

Played the game since day one of the preview, always loved the game but I didn’t expect the 1.0 release would be so bad performance wise. The new features are great, I love the game overall but the amount of lag and ffs drop is unplayable.  I found the lower you go down in caves systems or place more items down etc the more the game freezes up! So frustrating. The game has always had that bit of lag after a while of playing I found and I’m on the Xbox X, so not sure if it’s down to their server which may not be powerful enough or big enough but Ive read on Twitter an update is due out any day now to correct the lag on Xbox, not sure about pc but I expect there is one as well for that coming out. 

So hopefully this sorts it all out! Great work tho guys. Love the game... minus the lag 

14 minutes ago, MattIsTheOne said:

not sure about pc but I expect there is one as well for that coming out. 

Just to clarify, Steam players already have this patch. Microsoft Store will receive the update at the same time as Xbox, once MS have finished certification. 

I hope there is a fix in the mix. 

I experience the same issues of dropped frame rate when exploring into the core of the planet. I have about 3-4 hours played with only a few crafted items out on the surface. This was an issue in alfa. 

I'm disappointed, especially since it bogs down an Xbox One X. 

It is a beautiful game with a score to match. I am excited to play but if there is one thing that will tear me away from a game, it is a constant lag in the game. 

Edit: What about exploring other planets? Anyone on Xbox One having lag issues with exploring or having multiple bases?

Edited by Ligidi

2 hours ago, Ligidi said:

I hope there is a fix in the mix. 

I experience the same issues of dropped frame rate when exploring into the core of the planet. I have about 3-4 hours played with only a few crafted items out on the surface. This was an issue in alfa. 

I'm disappointed, especially since it bogs down an Xbox One X. 

It is a beautiful game with a score to match. I am excited to play but if there is one thing that will tear me away from a game, it is a constant lag in the game. 

Edit: What about exploring other planets? Anyone on Xbox One having lag issues with exploring or having multiple bases?

I’m the exact same, FFS drops when I’m in low caves, it gets to the point where it just lags so much I give up, and I’m on the X. So frustrating but like the guy said up top, there is a new patch which is midway through Microsoft certification. It’s a shame because I thought the 1.0 would have been decent with no drop in ffs, seen as it’s the main release of the game, I’ve actually experienced no glitches so far but lag is what I get most, I feel system Era need new beta testers or a bigger crew to manage the amount of bugs they have. 

The frame rate is killing my interest in the game right now. I love a lot of the new stuff and the new look, but there is some much there now that the lag is almost permanent for me now, even above ground! I've only played a few hours into my first game: have built up my base a bit, have just one tether line going right now (worth about four to five tether-bundles worth), have three vehicles (printed a second tractor by mistake' with no option now to cancel building), and have yet to even leave the planet, and the lag is worse than when I left the first planet in previous versions.

not a happy gamer... 😤

My question is this: WHY did they submit an obviously unplayable version of the game for certification?

Either:
A. They knew it was broken and thought they could fix it and submit a hotfix before the release date, which means the game was unplayable so close to release that it makes you wonder how they spent the 6 six weeks after delaying the release date.
Or:
B. They never tested the version and got caught by surprise, which means there is no QA at all.

Edited by JimBearUSA

3 hours ago, JimBearUSA said:

My question is this: WHY did they submit an obviously unplayable version of the game for certification?

Either:
A. They knew it was broken and thought they could fix it and submit a hotfix before the release date, which means the game was unplayable so close to release that it makes you wonder how they spent the 6 six weeks after delaying the release date.
Or:
B. They never tested the version and got caught by surprise, which means there is no QA at all.

A

I've noted this in a couple of different threads, in the past they've been able to push through hotfixes quickly. Devs mentioned something about it leaving Game Preview being factor. Steam got the patch immediately, ours is stuck with Microsoft.