Turbo your vehicles with a rocket thruster!

So, after 40h+ exploring every cave in the game, I came across a thruster stuck in a wall. I brought it back to base, where I've tried to plug in a seat, habitat... to no avail. That's when it occurred to me to try on the vehicles. It worked like a charm. You need to feed it with fuel first them hop in the vehicle. It's a bit faster to move but not huge, at least on the truck. Haven't tried on the hover yet.  

20161224220400_1.jpg

20161225014705_1.jpg

Cool! I only seem to find the enclosed (slightly larger rocket).  Ill keep an eye out for one of these. 

If you built a ramp, would it launch a fair way? or is the power simply too low?

7 hours ago, Nano said:

Cool! I only seem to find the enclosed (slightly larger rocket).  Ill keep an eye out for one of these. 

If you built a ramp, would it launch a fair way? or is the power simply too low?

At the current state of the game, even without a jet you can do it. Haven't tried yet but I would say it should be stronger but not significantly. 

UPDATE: I've tried to attach it to the hover, doesn't work. It only works on two slot connectors. It will push in the direction of the turbine and you can't control it.

It took me too long to realize you were talking about the rover.

My secret dream I'll never bother with: a storage truck upside down with 8 rockets attached...

In big caves like the one shown in that video you can find large skeletons and even dead astroneers in there.  I saw on last night, check out my youtube channel, it is the second latest post.