Sign in to follow this  
Hermann

Zebra ball and research falling down through ground from lightest touch

1.0.3 Steam

Quite often, research items will disappear while being dug out. On several occasion i've clearly seen something round ish, typical research shape and size while digging out hostile plants etc, only to have them disappear before i can finish digging. Then i found a zerbra ball. the top of it was barely visible so proceeded to dig it out, only to have it disappear down into the ground. At that point it was rather obvious what was going on.

Yeah items falling through the world seems to be common in this version. I lost my backpack that fell into a crevice where I died.  Because after I managed to dig to it my digging caused my backpack to fall through the ground.

Yep, found the zebra ball today, dug it out, picked it up and started running back to base, but as I stumbled over some terrain the ball fell out of my hands and then just disappeared through the floor. I dug around for a while but couldn't find it again.

May be worth noting this was in coop with another person hosting. A lot of the terrain glitches we saw seemed to only effect the people connecting, not the host.

Edited by Pup
Added more info

Same issue here. Have had research items, scrappable debris, and backpacks all fall through the world so far.

In most cases, it seems like it happens when the item is almost fully covered by terrain and you try to dig it out.