NearbyNation

Jittery terrain tool issue with the new 1.0 release.

Hey everyone, not sure if it's just my laptop that's having the issue due to it frankly being a baked potato at times or if anyone else has had the issue as well.  Basically, I go to use my terrain tool to dig up any part of the terrain and the gun doesn't run as smooth as it used to.  It keeps starting and stopping and frequently my Astroneer character will start hopping around where he's standing.  The gun will only dig in very short, fraction of a second spurts and it's pretty annoying, also that while the gun moves smoothly when placing down some terrain, my character will stop jump around in place, kinda like when some of the items are on two different angles and they start spazzing out.  A friend of mine, however, seemed to have no issues with destroying terrain as he used to before the release but did notice the hopping around with his character.  I did notice new drill mods and haven't gotten to a point of using any of them, but thought it may just be that I have to upgrade my gun now, but I'm not sure.  If anyone has anyone has any info that would be greatly appreciated, but otherwise I'm absolutely loving the release so far!  

I've experienced the exact same thing with the terrain tool. I'm actually not sure if it's intentional or not but the way the astroneer jumps make me think it's a bug. It almost looks like he's running in place.

Platform

Windows 8.1/Steam

Version

Specifications

CPU: Intel Core i5 4210U
    GPU: AMD Radeon R7 M260
    RAM: 8GB

Same issue. Very frustrating. Please fix this.

<Platform>

Windows 8.1/Steam

<Version>

<Specifications>

CPU: Intel Core i7 5500U @ 2.4 GHz

GPU: NVIDIA GeForce 840M

RAM: 16 GB

I think that developers need to add something based on a modern Mobile I3 Core without a discrete video adapter as a test computer. Then there will be no stupid questions from the series - well-known streamers with heaped computers are fine, and ordinary users are bad.

The amplitude of the character jerking directly depends on the number of FPS. The less FPS - the more twitching the character.

When FPS at 10, it looks very funny.

I also have this issue. Just installed the latest driver, didn't resolve the issue. Below are my system specs, I don't have another computer to try it on. I also want to add that the game doesn't stutter, just the animation and actual tool/modification process stutters.

System:

Win 10, Mouse/Keyboard, Steam,

Core i7 5500U @ 2.4 GHz CPU,

Nvidia 930m GPU with 2 GB video memory,

12 GB system memory.

Also it looks like there are some other posts on this too:

Not just with the terrain tool.  I'm working on Novus and whenever I pull up my backpack, the options for crafting at the bottom of the backpack are jittering around.  Running the PC version off of the Microsoft Store.  Running Win10 1809 build 17763.316 on an MSI mobo running Intel i7 970 w/12GB RAM.

On 2/8/2019 at 3:48 PM, Mirosya said:

The amplitude of the character jerking directly depends on the number of FPS. The less FPS - the more twitching the character.

When FPS at 10, it looks very funny.

For me it seems to get worse the steeper the angle I use for excavating.

Have all the same issue with a slight difference all is good with flattening-growing the earth up, the game runs smooth and good

BUT when i start digging the ground down, the target image starts to jumping up and down. When try to dig rocs it just goes VERY slow. The only way to dig up resources is to start flattening through surface in different directions (and i believe an ability to do this is a bug too)

I tried to optimize graphics (i have 100fps in ultra, but why not) and had just much much faster popping.

+ yesterday i've found my notebook leaks energy MADLY with that bug, full battery in 2 minutes and i could play for an hour+ before release.

Seems like this bug affects on memory leak and starts to overload the power system of my notebook, which i believe is kinda good for such a game...

The WORST of all is that it starts just after 1.0 release, and i'm playing astroneer right from the start! So i've been waiting 1+ year just to see this bug affecting on all gameplay, so sad(((

For some reasons devs don't post my report in same issues, here they are:

Environment:

Steam version since 1.0 release

Win 10

Core i5 8250U 1.6 ГГц (3,6 Tboost)

NVIDIA Geforce MX150 (2 Gb, GDDR5)

8 GB ddr4 2400 Gz

SSD